• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new deuce owner

dkr223

hi. my name is devin and i am new to ss and the m.v. hobby. i recently acquired a 1969 model M35A2. i am in the proccess of bobbing it and would like to know any performance boosters, if any, that help.

gunner01

Welcome to SS and OD fever. As for performance boosters please be more specific on your request. ( engine,tranny,wheels) etc....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well.....I'll be the second to say welcome to the site and also to point you to the "SEARCH" feature.

Lots of good threads on bobbing and mods.....don't expect too much performance out of the old multi-fuel...it is built for dependability and operating under extreme conditions on fuel that would kill other engines.

If you hang with us the GA Rally is coming up in Oct.......several of us AL members will be convoying over for the event.

You will be welcome to join us.

dkr223

im mainly lookin for engine performance mods right now. as for the georgia rally iwould love to go (funding permiting that is). and it also depends on if i can have the deuce done in time. a sticky situation in a swamp for a month and a half has left me with some serious rear suspension problems. the bushing in the left side walkin beam is completely gone and the front axle has shifted to the left 5 inches and the springs are in to the rear tire.

mikeroot2

Welcome. About the only "performance" mod for the engine is going to be turning up the fuel, but get a Pyro/EGT gauge first. Like Wreckerman said above. Search the site. There is an unbelievable amount of good info here and a ton of guys who have tried a lot of things on these trucks. Just search and you can learn a lot from all of their efforts.