• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new Deuce

CliffW

Won this one on GL last week for $2550 now just waiting for my EUC so I can go get her and bring her home.

Attachments

poppop

RE: new duece

She looks good!! Maybe the EUC won't take to long and you can bring her home. Then let the fun begin!!!!!

AZDeuce

That is my idea of the "perfect" Deuce. It has the mirror set up that I like and a winch. My Deuce had the west coast mirrors, they're ok for highway driving, but off-road when driving out in the desert with the windshield down they block a LOT of your view. My friend John, has those same mirrors on his '64 Deuce, I really liked them. Fortunately for me he's a fabricator, and he made me a set of arms, so I now have those mirrors. And YES they are a G.I. set-up, I think they're the second style of mirror set-up used on the Deuce, before they fnalized on the west coast set-up.

I still don't have a winch, but I had a M35 parts truck that had the winch extensions, pto, and all the operating lever brackets. I've already installed the extensions, still need to install the PTO. All I need to find now is a working winch in good condition, and the pto drive shaft. Apparently winches are hard to find on the west coast......DOH! The shipping from back East is almost as much as the winch, What in the World!!??

You paid just about what I paid for my truck, and it's already set up the way I like, good for you, I think you got a good deal, and a nice truck. I bought the one I got for several reasons it's titled as a 53 REO, but has a low time 90s Multi-fuel "C" Whistler, and Air-shift. In AZ that gets me Historic license plates, which means I don't have to pay commercial road tax, and because it's pre-66, I don't have to smog inspect it. Life is GOOD!

I think you're going to enjoy your new Deuce, they are GREAT trucks.

Semper Fi - Tom

CliffW

dc3coyote said:
If you want somebody to ride up there with you I would be down for a road trip.
dc3coyote,

I might take you up on that when I get the EUC I'll give you a PM and see if you want to go.

thanks cliff

emr

the mirror itself is a common type with many uses, the arms are the nice part, i love the ones on my first deuce so much i made my own for the second one, those arms are one of several set ups over the years, i saw a shorter style with the tube that goes to the mirror very long to extend it past the cover, i looked far and wide and have found a set of those long tubes,,put em on a the bench too, I now have westys on the second deuce because i tow alot with it, BUT love those straight arms the most, Beutiful truck!!!Randy

emr

there are also a number of manufacturers and styles of even those mirrors, rounded backs, some have the hole in the center some have it off to the top/or bottom,depending, the hump in the backs have different amounts of depth,different ridges and so on .. randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks