• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce

slong

I have just received my first deuce. A 1971 am general with drop sides. While inspecting the truck I noticed that it has only been painted twice. It is now in camo but if you look behind the seats and under the truck it is still on semi gloss OD. I would like to take it back to its original paint job. But I can't find any references on late Vietnam truck schemes. I know the basics but I dont know what to do about the numbering of the truck. Any help would be appreciated.

redcoat54th

Welcome to the club slong. I also have just purchased a 1970 Am General and its flat green all over on the outside and original color on the inside like yours. I will pick it up by this weekend if all goes well.
From what I gather the correct paint is the semi -gloss OD. Number 24087. From what I am hearing on the forum, Aervoe has the best correct match of any paint (you might know it the most expensive too. LOL). Check out the resource section of SS and you will find the TM for correct period markings. Google m35 vietnam in pictures and you will find some great pics to start you thinking. I'm doing the 'nam era with my truck. Just have to decide what unit. I was in 1st Cav just after '75 so it should not be too hard a choice. Good luck, Bob

slong

tm

OK I'm pretty dumb. I looked throught the tm last evening and I can't find one on vietnam period m35 markings. Can anyone give me some help.