• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce

Dirtygrunt

Okay so I finally bought a deuce and drove it 50 miles home and loved it. But I did notice that i have a fuel leak right below the filters and was wondering if there is a common issues I should look for thanks.

burger3026

got mine 2 weeks ago. my line from the ip to the filters had rubbed and was spraying fuel. found it when I stopped for beer..... see, I told the wife beer is good.

flyxpl

I just replaced the plastic line from the IP to filters on a truck I recovered last fri . It had a small crack from age I assume . It was not rubbing on anything . The second truck I recovered the same day had a leaking rubber hose that was a return line to the tank .

wb1895

Check your secondary filters. Make sure they are tight, you may have to replace the gaskets. There is no telling how long those gaskets have been in there, or if the cans holding the secondary filters has vibrated loose.

By the way I am just in Lexington, about 45 minutes from Greensboro, down I-85.

Dirtygrunt

Thanks for all the replys but i cleaned all the diesel off and drove it again and it seems to be leaking from the injection pump right below were the lines screw on. Is there a way to rebuild the pump and how hard is it to replace Thanks again for all the help.

Dirtygrunt

Ok so with the help of someone to throttle the engine up i found that fuel sprays from the 7/16 12 point bolt on the hydraulic head. I removed the bolt and lightly sanded what looked like a machined shoulder reinstalled and torqued to 25 ft lbs and it still sprays any ideas thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You sanded the 12pt bolt or the HH itself? There is a history of the plugs cracking. Not sure you did a good thing if you sanded the HH.

Dirtygrunt

Ok so my bolt was cracked so I found on at the local army surplus yard replaced it and cleaned everything off no more leak. Now to get a title and ill be in buisness.