• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Engine Time?

Apoc Bane

Hello,

So I've been in an ever on going battle with the engine's oil.

It was leaking so I replaced the rear main seal and the oil pan. Seems to have fixed the leak.

Bought a new CDR valve and replaced that as well. (ebay cucv one)

However,

The engine has a lot of blow by still coming out of the oil fill cap and oil dipstick. I'm sure it's burning oil at a pretty decent rate too like 1/4 quart for like 100 to 200 miles.

I haven't had the compression checked yet. Engine idles and drives fine, just burns oil and smokes a good amount.

Thank you,
Andrew

pmramsey

Mine burns oil. Change the oil and I get about 750 miles to the quart. I know its time to change the oil when the burn rate increases to the 350 miles per quart range. Sometimes it is 1500 miles and others it is 3000 miles between oil changes depending on what I have been towing.

Apoc Bane

Could be valve seals or piston rings. I would not say you need a new one. Just re-ring and seal the one you have. you can do it for under 300 bucks.
Is this a pretty simple job? I haven't browsed the tech manual for the instructions yet, As I wasn't able to diagnosis the next step in fixing her (first lessons of mechanichood learned on the truck so far lol.)

Is that like rebuilding the engine, or less involved?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Apoc Bane

Mine burns oil. Change the oil and I get about 750 miles to the quart. I know its time to change the oil when the burn rate increases to the 350 miles per quart range. Sometimes it is 1500 miles and others it is 3000 miles between oil changes depending on what I have been towing.
Thanks for the advice.
I've changed the oil and filter twice in the last 500 miles of use, due to replacing seals, and pans.