• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New exhaust on my M1009

67_C-30

My Banks system is the old style set-up that had a single pipe that came off the turbo and split into duals via a Y pipe. It was designed to cut in to the factory dual exhaust set-up. I have ran it like this for quite a while, but decided to go with a single 3" system and went with a Dynomax Race Bullet muffler. It runs and sounds much better. The turbo acts as a muffler somewhat, so it is not really loud at all with even with a race muffler. It has a deep, big block V8-like exhaust note. The video really doesn't do it justice, but you can kinda tell what it sounds like. I painted it with VHT 100 degrees black header paint, like I did the factory system so I would not have a bright, aluminized 3" pipe standing out like a sore thumb!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtF0HFOX_A&feature=youtu.be[/media]

67_C-30

Here's a little better video of it. Its funny the diesel soot looks like it is a lot in this video but its not near as noticeable in person. It does have a good little puff before the turbo spools up.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBEivdlaPL4&feature=youtu.be[/media]

AJMBLAZER

The Y pipe off of a 87-91 small block equipped K5 bolts right on. GM was cheap and the exhaust manifolds on the 6.2L end exactly in the same place as the 350's do.

scottladdy

Nice sound ...

Here's a little better video of it. Its funny the diesel soot looks like it is a lot in this video but its not near as noticeable in person. It does have a good little puff before the turbo spools up.
Didn't think a 6.2 could sound like that.

As far as the visual soot on camera vs by eye, your camera will register far deeper into the IR spectrum than the human eye can. If you ever want to prove it, just record someone pushing the buttons on an IR remote control.

Probably picking up exhaust components our eyes can't see.

Well I was doing that with other one's, The year models matched. but if you say that one will work then Im going to order it, and a single muffler. Do you recommend the muffler that you used. And again I truly appreciate the help.:D

AJMBLAZER

I've never done this before. Just spoken with others who have.

The other parts you listed clearly listed they were for 88 C and K series trucks and not 73-87 (91) square body trucks. None of them mentioned K5s or Blazers either.

CV1073

Sir that sound.. I am addicted to it.. amazing video!
As I asked to your youtube channel: which tire are you using? they looks like Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain, is that correct? and the rims? are they the stock ones? thanks for your time
CV

67_C-30

Sir that sound.. I am addicted to it.. amazing video!
As I asked to your youtube channel: which tire are you using? they looks like Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain, is that correct? and the rims? are they the stock ones? thanks for your time
CV
Thanks! The tires are 33 X 12.50 Nankang Mud Stars on stock rims. I have had them on there about 2 years and they are wearing very well. They have exact same tread as the Maxxis Buckshot Mudder, but are much cheaper.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks