• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*** New Feature - PM Auto Prune

hobie237

I would appreciate you NOT cleaning out mine. First, I'm quite capable of doing so myself, and second, I have a bunch of PMs saved in there from when a scumbag a$$hole on here ripped me off and never sent me the IP that I sent him money for. I'm saving them in case anything ever comes of the multiple police reports that I made.

Edit- I know I can move them to a "save" folder (and I did), but I'm concerned about the "sent items" that I can't find a way to move to a save folder.

Last edited:

Engine5

Thanks for the heads up. I had a message that I got from "Armyman30years" last year that I have held on to. It is a rather inspirational private message he sent to me in response to a question I had for him. And I was always concerned I would lose it if it stayed too long in my saved pile. Thanks.:-D

poof

Dirty Hippie
I would appreciate you NOT cleaning out mine. First, I'm quite capable of doing so myself, and second, I have a bunch of PMs saved in there from when a scumbag a$$hole on here ripped me off and never sent me the IP that I sent him money for. I'm saving them in case anything ever comes of the multiple police reports that I made.

Edit- I know I can move them to a "save" folder (and I did), but I'm concerned about the "sent items" that I can't find a way to move to a save folder.
Were you planning to give the D/A your hard drive to keep during any impending case?... or might a "print this page " work well.
Just a thought..
Also this part of the post "I just installed a new feature... that will automatically clean your PM Inbox of messages over 90 days old."
I would think the word "automatically" would preclude what it is that you would " appreciate ".
:roll:

• Only READ message
  • Only the INBOX

Last edited:

SasquatchSanta

Hey Mangus --- I created a "Saved" folder and was successful in transfering a coupld of PMs that were in my In-Box over to it but the system won't let me transfer PMs from my Out-Box into the new Saved folder. :confused:

Please help ... "Thanks"

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ernie, the "save" functions at the bottom of the private messages screen will transfer the content of all folders "to disc", at least mine did. Don't see the need to automate this job.....

SasquatchSanta

Bjorn,

There was a "save" function on the "In-Box" PMs but not on the "Out-Box" PMs. If there is one I can't find it.

I'm always reminded of the words "What fresh hell is this" when these sort of glitches happen :confused: :-D

mangus580

The automatic feature will not touch the sent box, just the in box.

Ernie, the "save" functions at the bottom of the private messages screen will transfer the content of all folders "to disc", at least mine did. Don't see the need to automate this job.....
It is being automated due to the number of people that cant keep their box clean, causing posts in the forum for 'so & so' to empty their PM box.

The old forum used to do it, only in a different manner.... it would only allow a certain # of PM's and drop the extra's off the end.

I purposely gave warning to give people a few days to get their box cleaned out, and save the messages they might want.

M-37Bruce

Thanks for the heads up. I had a message that I got from "Armyman30years" last year that I have held on to. It is a rather inspirational private message he sent to me in response to a question I had for him. And I was always concerned I would lose it if it stayed too long in my saved pile. Thanks.:-D
If it's that important, couldn't you do the "Cut & Paste" thingy? Just a thought.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another improvement, thanks. Now we need spellchex.

Firefox has built in spell check. It underlines the mis-spelling in red and then a right click gets you possible spelling to select from and you click on the one that is correct and it changes it for you.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea. I manage a bunch of mail servers and our biggest difficulty is to get people to clean out their mailboxes. I can't seem to get the message across that every message costs money to store. It's not free, it costs someone money.

tsmall07

If you're really that concerned with the messages then you should print a hard copy or at least save them to your hard drive. :roll:

This feature will help me out if I can remember to move them to my save folde.r :razz: