• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Feature - Wiki Articles!!

mangus580

Ok... here we go. We now have WIKI articles!

For those of you that dont know what a WIKI is, its an article that can be edited by any member. This will allow us to pool knowledge, and create an FAQ type setup, complete with troubleshooting, etc.

I have started by creating 3 so far. A CUCV, Deuce and Website How-To. I have added the CUCV and Deuce one to the top of their respective forums.

Obviously we will need more than that... If someone needs me to get other articles started, let me know.

Please... work on these.... add to them. Lets make them USEFUL. As people work on them, I will probably edit formatting and layout. I am hoping to keep all the articles consistent with each other.

Some notes....

• I would prefer to put the actual content in the wiki... not just links to threads. I am not saying dont link threads, but think about it first.
  • If you arent sure of the data you have... maybe ask about it first? Lets not mis-lead people
  • The Wiki section supports a large QTY of images... feel free to use them. Use the 'inline attachment' feature I mentioned in this thread.
  • Lets keep the articles 'vehicle class' specific. ie. CUCV vehicles, not one for each CUCV (M1009, M1008, etc)

mangus580

Yes... No...

I want to take it much further than what is there. I want to pool our collective knowledge, and add things like troubleshooting info... What size tires fit?? The things that get asked about weekly on the forums.

The day to day things... Like TM links... even PS mag links, or a how to turn up the fuel section.

That make any sense?

mangus580

Take it far enough and you'll eliminate the forum. :)
Nah.... there is always questions...

I should also add after looking at your link more. The one you linked is more on history. Consider this a 'Technical' wiki.

The goal is to have some place to point to easy... when those of us who have been around for ever groan at this weeks 'Will these tires fit my truck' type post. I am not trying to eliminate useful conversation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks