• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new (for me) 37B1

popz76

Well i'm finally gettin after the 'ol pig now that the weather is tolerable ! Off with the artic top and rust treatment beginning. I need to fine a cab frame and top, but all in all it's in pretty good shape.

Attachments

WarrenD

Congrats! I just got my first MV (M37) 2 weeks ago. Be sure to change your driveline fluids and check the axle vents.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well i'm finally gettin after the 'ol pig now that the weather is tolerable ! Off with the artic top and rust treatment beginning. I need to fine a cab frame and top, but all in all it's in pretty good shape.
Shoot...that rascal is REALLY NICE compared with what we started with::oops:

Attachments

jimmcld

You can straighten those bumpers with a 20 ton press. It takes a little twisting and turning, but I straightened out full length one with my press. The windshield glass is easy also. The frames come apart and the glass is just laminated glass from the local glass shop.

Is that a Marine Corps version, with the hoops welded onto the bumpers? If so, does it have a locker in the rear?

popz76

Yep,it is a former Marine truck..I tried to find markings before painting but could 'nt really see anything except a bit of the yellow writing above the fuel tube. I'll probably get after that bumper this week sometime..put a little heat to it I guess , and try and straighten it..might just cut those loops off and redo it ARMY !

popz76

The inner window frames are pretty much rotted out on the bottom so I'll probably have to bite the bullit and get new ones..I was able to just change just out the glass on our deuce way back when

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks