• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Camp Pendleton Area

Mech Docent

Hello Gents,
Name's Connor. I currently volunteer at the base Mech Museum as a docent. My dad and I own an M35A2, M38A1, and an M37. My personal is an M101A2 trailer for my truck. I hope to gain knowledge here and share photos and information from our museum and base.
Thanks.

truck1

Welcome aboard! This is a great site with good people.Lots of good info here. Next time I go to San Diego the wife and I want to check out the museums at Pendleton. We were at fleet week in September at the naval base in SD and the Marines from Pendleton were there with some great mechanized stuff and personal equipment.Great kids all of them and very friendly and hospitable to the public.

shannondeese

Welcome. I am stationed on Pendleton for a couple more days. I drive a bobbed Deuce and park it at the airstation in the gravel. Get to know the motor poolguys out at Las Pulgas. They are always willing to help with our trucks

quickfarms

I did not know that they had docents. The portion if the museum that is open daily is just a fraction if what they have. There are a lot more vehicles in the other half of the building and they gave a storage yard and shop around the corner.

Do you know why they moved the armor into a fenced area?

daddy2

Good to know Pendleton is going strong. I was stationed up at San Mateo with 5th Marines. Back in 1996-1997. I've since gained a bit of weight, but still have good memories.

Mech Docent

I saw the pics Ryan, good to see you here.
If any of you folks want a tour, let me or RDUKW know and we'll make it happen.
Shannon, is your deuce the tan one that has a back covered portion? If so, I've seen you around.
The armor hasn't been moved yet, but we have a few behind a smaller fence. We've had a few issues with public cooperation on climbing on tanks, so they had to be moved for a while.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks