• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Central Texas

dawico

New member here and to the MV world.

Every search I did to educate myself on buying and owning a MV brought me here. This site seems like the go to place for anything MV related so I figured I would join up. I probably won't be much help now but plan on learning as much as I can about my new vehicle.

My vehicle? 1990 m923a2. I have been looking at them for a while and the right deal popped up so I jumped on it. I am very happy that I did too. This thing is amazing but also a little overwhelming. Simple, rugged, and overbuilt but also complicated in it's own ways.

I will try and help as much as possible and search for answers before I ask a question.

I travel for work so my schedule is very fluid but I want to get to some meets and become a useful member of the "MV club".

If you have any questions for me ask away.

Thanks for having me and putting together an amazing site for MV owners.

Edited to add: I am located in Lampasas, TX (about an hour NW of Austin) for you TaTalk users.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! I'm down by Liberty Hill.

The trucks can be a little overwhelming at first, but get all the manuals (you can download them from the Technical Manuals section, look at the toolbar at the top of this page). Study the -10 (operators manual) and start looking stuff up in the repair/parts manuals. Once you start to understand the vehicles, they are fairly easy to work on.

Check out our local MVPA chapter, we do a lot of events and have a good time. http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/
We're doing several Veterans Day events, tomorrow and on the 11th, come on down and participate!

Cheers

PS- I sent you a PM with some info about events we are doing north of Austin tomorrow, great if you can come join in!

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome... send a pic of it parked outside Storms! I love that place..

Is Gillems Surplus still in business there? I know they moved off the main drag.

dawico

Welcome... send a pic of it parked outside Storms! I love that place..

Is Gillems Surplus still in business there? I know they moved off the main drag.
Not sure about Gillems. If I am thinking correctly I went there a few years back and he was soon to be closing up shop. If that is the right place that is. I will have to check.

sniperboy

Welcome to the MV world. Just missed our yearly rally at Ft Hood. Look for it next year. It was the 7th rally. Look on the web for historic mounted warrior rally. Lot of good pics from the past. So far I am the only big boy (923a1) but there are a couple of duces. and a lot of jeeps.

Another Ahab

New member here and to the MV world.
If you have any questions for me ask away.
You might want to jump in and subscribe to the thread started by our Chaplain here (that'd be coldwarrior); he's got a Texas round-up thing going (and maybe if he sees this he can post you the link). It's West Texas, I think. Can't remember where Austin falls on the map. I know, I know, Texas is BIG; I get it.

My question: can we see the "baby"?

And welcome, from Virginia.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks