• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Central Texas

ross80truck

I bought the truck because I need a heavy duty truck for working on the farm and pulling a trailer and hauling stuff. I had a small budget and this fit the bill perfect. It came already titled and had a new set of tires. I had my mechanic look it over and other than replacing a few belts he was very pleased. Are most people here on the forum purist, or are modification accepted?

Viper8

Runs the whole gamut from frame-off restorations to hot rodding. Regardless of what you want to do, you'll find members who have a similar bent and are more than happy to help out. It's your truck - do it your way!

ross80truck

Glad to hear that all kinds of owners are included and welcomed. I have owned a few MGBs in the past, and it seemed like if you were not a purest, then you were not accepted.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Central Texas folks (which extends all the way to Corpus for some :) ) get together every year at the Temple airshow.
Here is a link to this years show in May (it's always the first weekend in May) - http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/events/2015/temple.htm

We do a lot of other events, come play! Lone Star MVPA has everything from purists to "do what you like", we all get along just fine. Everyone is in it for fun, not to harp on anyone else' toys.

Cheers

ross80truck

The Central Texas folks (which extends all the way to Corpus for some :) ) get together every year at the Temple airshow.
Here is a link to this years show in May (it's always the first weekend in May) - http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/events/2015/temple.htm

We do a lot of other events, come play! Lone Star MVPA has everything from purists to "do what you like", we all get along just fine. Everyone is in it for fun, not to harp on anyone else' toys.

Cheers
I was at the airshow this year looking at all the military vehicles. I was wondering who brought them. That is awesome, now I know. I will have to see about joining you all in 2016.