• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from CT

TheDude

Hey all,

I have been on the M715zone for a while and may soon expand my collection to more MV's with a M35A2C and possibly a M1009 or M1008. I come from a military family and as such have always had an interest and respect for those who serve and the vehicles that assisted. Figured I would say a "Hello" and begin browsing this well-crafted forum.

RM

WarrenD

Welcome, there is a wealth of info here. Do you go to any of the MV shows? "Local" ones would be COMVEC, Chester, CT, MTA in NJ, Redball in PA, Weare in NH, RI in RI.

TheDude

When I have time I try to make it out. I was able to check out a few COMVEC shows in the past couple years. Knowing a few more to add to the list will definitely push me to get out more often.

RM

WarrenD

The MTA and Redball shows are particulary good if you are looking for MV related stuff, both have big vendor areas.

WarrenD

MTA will be the first one for 2011 on April 16-17 in NJ. Vehicle displays and vendors. There is a flea market in Boxborough, MA sometime in March, will likely be in the upcoming events forum shortly.

TheDude

Thanks Dan! Have you had a chance to make the rounds on that M1009? No rush though, just curious.

For those wondering what my current M715 project looks like, here is a glimpse.

RM

Last edited:

KsM715

Welcome from Kansas. I too started over there on the zone but I got suckered in to bigger MV's pretty quikly when I found this site.

Just a heads up, on SteelSoldiers we dont discuss any open GL auctions (or any gsa/ebay/cl add) till after someone has won the lot. Just part of the forum rules.

Last edited:

TheDude

Thanks for the heads up and the warm welcome. I must have missed that within the forum rules. I have since edited that post.

RM

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUDE!!!

Welcome and thank for the pic links! You must have read that we are photo hounds!!!

Happy new year 'bro and keep motoring!

Rick