• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from FL

jwesley74

Hi Yall, I'm new to Steel Soldiers. I purchased an '83 M923 Cargo from GL in Huntsville, AL in October. Drove her home on Nov 6 to southwest FL. 800 miles of no problems. Truck ran great and fun to drive. Little uncomfortable around 12 hours into the trip. But still a memorable experience. Would do it again. In fact hoping to do it again soon. Trying to convince friends here to get another 5 ton cargo so we have 2 around here to play with. Took the truck to Redneck Yacht Club Mud Park in Punta Gorda, FL, November 16. Got her stuck up to the bottom of the cab and sat there for 14 hrs until the excavator operator showed up to pull us out. What a chore, broke nearly every strap & rope we could find. Bent 1 of the pulling shackles on the front completely straight but we got it out. Sad part was we only got stuck trying to pull someone else out. On our on we were unstoppable. Love the truck and love the attention it gets when driving ANYWHERE! I had police honking & waving on my trip from AL to FL. No tags but no problems either! LOL. Drove right by scale houses and FL agricultural inspection station. No one looked twice at me. Love the camaraderie on this forum. Hope to get involved with some events in the future. I just love my MV.

jwesley74

557727_4893268418684_882309743_n.jpg550267_4893273218804_854376778_n.jpg552326_4893469503711_1574851765_n.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to add Pix of the "new toy" That's us loading firewood for the 1st camping trip. Of course the insurance Co. wouldn't approve of loading "anything" in it. :grd:

jwesley74

Anyone interested there are two redneck yacht club events coming up we will be going to with the M923 on Feb 22 and Apr 5. It's located in Punta Gorda, FL gates open at 8 AM Fridays and close 4 PM on Sundays. $50 per person gets you in all weekend. No glass, No firearms, No pets & No 3 wheelers. We camp all weekend. They have live bands on Saturday nights. Usually big name bands and Apr 5 is Trucks Gone Wild Spring Break so it's really wild. Mud Truck races on Saturday start at Noon. It's called Redneck Yacht Club Mud Park they have a website with info & directions! It's a blast, the more MV's the better. They do have heavy equipment onsite so if you get stuck and no one can pull you out, the excavator will. Might take a while, but you will get out.

jwesley74

Update, we sold the M923 we bought in October but bought 2 more 2 days later! LOL. We bought 923 & 925. Road trip coming up next week from Atlanta to Port Charlotte. Fortunately my buddy we are hitching a ride with has hunting property outside of Macon so we are getting the trucks the 1st day, taking them to the property and giving a once over before the 500 mile drive back to Port Charlotte. Should be a fun road trip. Hope all goes well. Hope we don't have to locate a tow bar in a hurry to flat tow 1 of them. They are both reported in running condition. One has coolant leak from radiator. So we have to address that ASAP. Was hoping we had use of a 10 ton trailer we could bring as emergency in case we needed to pull 1 using the other on a trailer. But trailer's not rated for our needs. Oh well, it'll be an adventure! So we will definetly be at Redneck Yacht Club with the 925 the weekend of April 5.

Hope to see some other MV's there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks