• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Florida

MattS127

Hi there everyone, I have been looking around the site for quite some time and finally decided to make an account here, I am hoping to purchase a deuce sometime in the future and I enjoy reading all the information and post about them here, it makes it a lot easier understanding how things work. I have build quite a few cars and motors and I think a deuce is a great vehicle to own next. One question I have had and can't quite seem to find anywhere is what is a decent price for a deuce in running condition, I know that winch trucks are more valuable but I have seen some winch trucks go for 8k and some for 6k and I have seen some decent non winch trucks go for $8500. Is there a normal price for either that is considered normal, I look around Florida and do not see many for sale but when I do the prices are all over the place for what looks like the same condition running trucks. I appreciate everyone's help and I am glad to be on the site.

- Matt

twisted60

Welcome from South Florida, sorry can't answer your question other than to say price is what market will handle, check the classified section, post a want to buy in the vehicle wanted section of classifieds, and be patient.

Good luck hope you find what you want, I have a 5 ton and love it, maybe you'd like a M923...

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Matt and welcome to the site from ND, and YES its snowing as I am writing this! Pricing on the Deuce, Well lets start off with saying the days of finding a good 2K$ Deuce that runs and drives are pretty few and far between, possible YES but dont count on it! Then your going to find the guys who are selling their Deuce that has been completely rebuilt down to the last bolt in the dog bones, new engine, new trans, new Diffs, all brand new wiring harness and they will throw in two Dummy M-60 machine guns all for the very tidy price of only 65,000$ We all love our truck BUT for Gods sake its still a Deuce!! Remember the silk purse and the sows ear adage from when we were young, it still applies here Matt.
If I were buying a Deuce today here is what I would be looking for. I good truck fully 100% operable, brakes are good, tires are good, all the gauges work the truck has been taken very good care of and it has the front Garwood winch and a hard top. All the glass is good the tires are all 90% or better all maintenance has been followed and kept up on the truck will very likely even have new paint on it. The seats are all good with no tears or undo wear spots and with this truck there is zero rust damage that has not been fixed. The truck will come with a very good cargo cover and bows. In reality the owner of this truck probably has around 10 to 11K into this truck not including his time. I would offer the owner of this truck 8500.00$ and I would say you have better than a 90% chance you will own the truck Matt!
You may be asking HOW THE HECK DOES THIS GUY KNOW ALL THIS???? Well let me tell you! I started out with a Deuce and it had to be perfect, to date I have about 17K$ into my Deuce, its beautiful in every detail and I cannot afford to sell it because I would have to lose at least 7K$ to move it.
Good luck Matt and feel free to PM with any other question and welcome to the site!!!

Karl

MattS127

Thank you all for the welcome and I appreciate the price range input, it gives me a much better idea of what to be looking for and how much. Im glad to be a member of the site.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matt, welcome aboard from Nevada. It's not snowing here.....not yet. Follow Karl's advice, be patient, and a good truck will come your way. Also get familiar with the Deuce TMs (tech manuals).

Last edited:

Crapgame

Welcome, Matt! I'll be moved to Ft Walton Beach or Navarre by end of Jan with my M1081 War Pig, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

There's a range near you, Ancient City Range, that hosts an SPR/DMR shoot every 3 months or so I may get to with my Mk12 Mod1 SPR.

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Gainesville. Prices on Deuces are what the market will bear & right now, the demand is not all that high. Trying to get one off a GP auction is like pulling teeth from a chicken. Follow some of the ideas from this thread & you will wind up with one next year maybe.

Wagoneer

Welcome from across the St.Johns. PM me and you can come by and check out my 5 ton and Deuce to give you some hands on before you buy. Always great to meet another SS member.

Jeremy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks