• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Iowa

According to the Member Map, there are only about 16 of us and we are scattered from top-to-bottom and side-to-side. Although I do know of some MV owners that are not on the Map - and may not even be on this forum. (I know that last part is hard to believe!)

You are on the Map, right? [thumbzup]

We could all meet at the Machine Shed in Des Moines and sit around one table. If you really, really, really would like to consider something like this, I am the President of the 501.c3 organization that owns the former National Guard Armory here in town. I guarantee we could put something together here. [thumbzup] The cool part about that is I would not have so far to drive.

I will have to trailer my Mule (too far to drive it). ;) I don't have any way to haul my Jeep (too far to drive it, too). It might make a rather neat "pile of stuff" in the parking lot.

There is also the possiblity of a meet at the military show. Unfortunately, it was cancelled on rather short notice last Fall - not sure on the whole story there. The other - most likely - deal breaker on that is that it is held on Camp Dodge. [sarcasm on] I am sure "they" would "love" helping us get our military vehicles on the Post. [sarcasm off]

iatractor

I like the idea of a gathering. Des Moines wouldn't be a bad location, since for those of us at the far edges of the state it is only about 3 hours give or take by civilian vehicle. I'd be game for Atlantic too. Haven't spent much time in that part of the state other than driving through. If we do it there, perhaps we could get some northern Missouri/Eastern Nebraska members to come.

My wife and I went to the gunshow in Council Bluffs today and were talking about this during the day.

I actually made a list of just the "local" folks and came up with 12 privately owned vehicles (everything from tanks to mules, including 5 jeeps).

I am going to "work up" a plan and see what can happen. Think May 16th - Armed Forces Day - at the Armory in Atlantic.

Stay tuned.

KtK

I'll have to see what time of the year i'm heading that way. My fiancee is from Northwest IA around Sioux county, so I usually find my way over there from Northeast ohio a couple times a year. That would be cool if the timing was right and I could make this haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks