• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from NY

jdmep

Just getting around to signing up here. I have visited the site several times, a member here told me of the site after i told him i own 2 77 dodge military pickups. and recently picked up a 1 1/2 trailer.
I am looking to purchase an M915A1 and figured i better join the site and see what kind of usefull help i can be to anyone and if I could also be helped with information and advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!!!

I have been delving into the world of 6.5l diesels, and have 3 civilian 6.5's and have come to find out they are in humvee's...If anyone needs help with 6.5's let me know.

DeucesWild11

Welcome to the site, from another new yorker! I love it here and have been learning so much about my deuce. I also gained a bunch knowledge to already start to help some others here. I think it's great you came on here mainly to provide help, that's awesome!

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site. You are in the same neck of the woods as the Hudson-Mohawk chapter of the NY-PENN military vehicle collectors club. If you are looking for information check Home

Are you looking for an M915A1 to modify or to use as a tractor? Any plans for using one to work or do you just want it?

I think jatonka and I are the only two in the NY_PENN MVCC or on this site in NY that have M915A1s. He is pretty close to you and is a great guy. His website is at JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

His site has most all the downloadable M915A1 manuals you'll ever need.

Lance

m816

Welcome to the site. Anything you need to know about any Mil. Vehicle can be obtained from JATONKA. Just go to his site. He won't steer you wrong.:jumpin:

Danl

Danl M915A1

Hello Jdmep glad to see you posted this , You asked for my advice in a PM, I got back to you. The best Advice that I can Give you now, Is Add Lance to you contact list, He is the man on these M915A1, And Thank you lance with The PTO You set things Rolling,

D3M0N

Welcome fellow New Yorker! Where abouts in Albany are you? I have quite a bit of family in the Niskayuna area and find myself out that way every once and awhile, especially now that it is summer.

AJ

LanceRobson

Hello Jdmep glad to see you posted this , You asked for my advice in a PM, I got back to you. The best Advice that I can Give you now, Is Add Lance to you contact list, He is the man on these M915A1, And Thank you lance with The PTO You set things Rolling,
Danl, it is safe to say that I'm NOT the man on M915A1s. There just happens to be one handy to fuss with when I get bored. The one I have was a pretty accidental acquisition and if it stays it needs to be pretty versatile. That's why I was exploring PTOs and hydraulic pump options since that opens a brave new world of possibilities with the truck.

The M915A1 is, however a pretty straightforward and basic truck. Parts may be bigger than some other MVs but in most ways it's an overgrown pickup truck when it comes to diagnostics and maintenance. It terms of drivability and convenience there's a lot to be said for big power and torque coupled with air spring brakes and the auto transmission.

Being able to tow 30,000 pounds with the pintle doesn't suck either.

Lance

jdmep

Welcome fellow New Yorker! Where abouts in Albany are you? I have quite a bit of family in the Niskayuna area and find myself out that way every once and awhile, especially now that it is summer.

AJ
I am east of albany 20 miles.
Looks like your in the service.... Thanks for the service! I have been enjoying my freedom lately!!! I appreciate it greatly, and I try to be responsible(not perfect, yet?), so if you are in the service, Major Thanks !!!

Niskayuna is a 40 min drive....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks