• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from SEMO

sandfarmer

Hey guys, looks like a great site with lots of info! I'm new here because I'm on the verge of owning either and M35A2 or M35A3 and am hungry for info related to these trucks and a good forum is a great place to learn no matter what the interest may be.

sandfarmer

i live in dyersburg if you want to come over and crawl over one. I usually have one or two deuces lying around
Hehehe, looks like you have quite the collection of MV's going there! Found one north of here I like the looks of but don't think it's a whistler.....and I've got my heart set on an A2 whistler. Guy around here has one and I get chills everytime I hear it coasting to the stop sign :mrgreen:, gotta love that sound!

197thhhc

Once you get into it and make some contacts it will seem like you cant swing a dead cat and not hit a deuce. I was amazed at how many are around me and I live in the boondocks.

Welcome to the site there are some really knowledgable people around here. I have been helped alot just by reading old posts.

gmayor

hello

Welcome, I'm up in central MO. West Plains has a great guy who buys and sells mil trucks, may want to take a trip, he's not too far from you. Last I knew he had over 40.

gmayor

m35

I ask about him to a friend from West Plains. She said everybody knows him, his father had started the business before him. I had his card but have not been able to find it. Old age is making me forget his name from memory.

wdbtchr

Welcome to the site. Green machines show up everywhere here in MO, they seem to attract each other. I've been hearing about the "guy" in West Plains for years but have never been able to find him. I'm beginning to think he's an urban legend.:roll:

54reo

Welcome to the site.

I'm just across the river from Perryville; what town in MO are you from?

There is a guy off of HWY 60 by Poplar Bluff that has a few for sale from time to time...

sandfarmer

I'm in the East Prairie area just southeast of Sikeston, I've seen those you are talking about over around Dudley on 60. Have learned of a couple in my area since I started thinking about it, going after my A2 tomorrow about an hour west of St. Louis and driving her back.

Smokinyoda

I'm in the East Prairie area just southeast of Sikeston, I've seen those you are talking about over around Dudley on 60. Have learned of a couple in my area since I started thinking about it, going after my A2 tomorrow about an hour west of St. Louis and driving her back.
Make sure you take plenty of pictures and tell us all about your recovery. Good luck and welcome to the club!:beer:

sandfarmer

Well, made it the 250 miles, I wore some of those ear muffs with the radio built in but I should'a gone for plugs under them as well! I still feel the humming in my chest I think! :driver: I don't think you can classify what I did today by driving home a deuce this nice as a recovery, I was extremely happy with what I found when I got there, a perfectly restored 1968 A2! As promised but the pics didn't do it justice, everything works and it drives really nice. Coming through St. Louis my cover tore on the bed so I stopped and took it off to preserve what was left and removed the bows for the rest of the trip and I have an oil leak that seems to be coming from one of the oil filters but that's about all the excitement for the trip. Here are some pictures I snapped along the way...by-the-way, hours are right but speedometer has been replaced...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks