• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from SoCal

cpf240

Hello SS.

I joined the site recently, and have been reading quite a bit in the forums, enough to get me in trouble with the wife for staying up too late. Sorry, can't help it, get lost in a thread and where does the time go? :shock:

I learned about this site from Tim at Old Grouch's Military Surplus when he was being interviewed on the Survival Podcast recently. This has gotten my interest up in owning an M1009, and maybe an M1008 a little later. Though I do have to say that there might be something in this deuce stuff I keep seeing around here!

This looks to be a great community, and I think I will enjoy my time here!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
West coast members are representing so far in this thread!!!

cpf240, welcome to the addiction. Your wife will eventually cease to call you to bed but don't worry, we will be here for you.

Rick

RealCavDog

Welcome from the Missouri Ozarks and whats left of the Joplin area !

You think your in trouble now for reading late ! Wait till the buying and driving bug gets you ! Best to try and convert all the loved ones early on, it makes it easier ! 2cents

cpf240

Thank you all for the great welcome!

I'm working on my options for where to buy MY M1009. :razz: Getting one that is pretty much turn-key has its appeal, but I'm sure the cost would be higher. Buying from one of the auction sites, I only know about GL or GSA, might get me a cheaper price, but then I'll have to haul it out in all likelyhood. Working on it to get it safe to drive doesn't bother me, just makes things more difficult.

I have not seen anything recently on the auctions sites in the SoCal area, though something in Bakersfield would be awesome. The listings for Sparta look awesome, but that is a long haul for me! I do make it over to the Kingman area of AZ on occasion, and sometimes to the Farmington area of NM. I've been given a lead on one local place to look by another SS member in my area, and I've also looked at Hundy's site, though I have not called him yet.

Let the hunt begin!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm working on my options for where to buy MY M1009. :razz: Getting one that is pretty much turn-key has its appeal, but I'm sure the cost would be higher. Buying from one of the auction sites, I only know about GL or GSA, might get me a cheaper price, but then I'll have to haul it out in all likelyhood. Working on it to get it safe to drive doesn't bother me, just makes things more difficult.

I have not seen anything recently on the auctions sites in the SoCal area, though something in Bakersfield would be awesome. The listings for Sparta look awesome, but that is a long haul for me! I do make it over to the Kingman area of AZ on occasion, and sometimes to the Farmington area of NM. I've been given a lead on one local place to look by another SS member in my area, and I've also looked at Hundy's site, though I have not called him yet.

Let the hunt begin!
Welcome from the high desert! Great thing about living in SoCal area is you can spend more time 'wheeling' your MV(s) because the weather is almost always awesome.

Anyway, good luck in your search and do contact Hundy (Mark)--- for the MV market--- he's probably one of the most knowledgeable guys around.:beer:

area52

If you make it up to the Farmington NM area next time give me a shout. I work in F-town. I go back to California all the time to go 4 wheeling.

Welcome and ................. Yur DOOMED! DOOMED I Say!!

Greasy

Let the hunt begin!

Welcome.

If you find something in or around Bakersfield let me know. I can provide RECON (with pictures).

Another bonus of living on the left coast......NO RUST!!!!!!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.

If you find something in or around Bakersfield let me know. I can provide RECON (with pictures).

Another bonus of living on the left coast......NO RUST!!!!!!

Greasy, is there a GL facility there in Bakersfield area? Thought Barstow was the nearest thing in SoCal, then Nellis, then French Camp... curious?

Greasy

Greasy, is there a GL facility there in Bakersfield area? Thought Barstow was the nearest thing in SoCal, then Nellis, then French Camp... curious?
Barstow is about the only GL I know of around here. Locally, the County Fire Dept., City, County Roads etc.. have been sending several CUCV's to local auction. I have my eye on a black M1009 slated for auction. A friend picked up two M-1028's at auction a couple of years ago CHEAP!

I was only offering any assistance if he found a CUCV for sale on Ebay, Craigslist, etc.... in my area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks