• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from The bluegrass

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think he means he will inform you of pending rallies Hooty.[thumbzup]

I was born/raised in Breckenbridge County, Kentucky...specifically Hardinsburg.

I noticed that when I left...the rest of the world talks funny:cookoo:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Sir let me explain, from a 20 year old Californian's perspective.
"word," when used in a sentence "Word, i'll get to it," most often means "okay" or "sure thing"
[thumbzup]
I don't recon I know that dialect...is Californy a ferign cuntry sommers??

Shucky pee dern and heck...you fellers shore do talk funny!!

New from the bluegrass... anybody in Ky that goes to rallies or swap meets give me a shout!!!
Welcome from Northern Kentucky.

I just wrote the following for another new member, so I just copied it over to here. Sorry most of these are in Ohio, not aware of much in Kentucky.

There are shows and then there are rallies.
Shows are for cleaned up and restored vehicles to show off. Most always include a swap meet.

Rallies are more for playtime with your vehicle - Trail rides, camping, and general goofing off.

Shows:
The Findlay, OH show is a good one. Untitled 1

The Dayton, OH show is actually this year's site for the National Convention of the MVPA (miltary vehicle preservation association) It moves around the country to a different site each year. It should be a BIG one.
(from the MVPA website : Ohio, August 4 – 6, 2011: 36th Annual MVPA Convention in Dayton, OH at the Nutter Center on the campus of Wright State University, 3640 Col. Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH. 100+ Vendors, 150+ historic military vehicles, tours of the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force and more. Look for details in the February/March Supply Line.)

I don't know anything about the Alliance, OH show.

There is also a fairly new show in Central Ohio.
Not updated yet, but here is last year's info: 2010 MID-OHIO MILITARY VEHICLE S

Now for Rallies :

Haspin 2011 dates and info
Southeast Indiana in June. This is the one you do NOT want to miss.
This will be the 7th annual. Just search for Haspin to see past events.

There is also one in Rausch Creek in Eastern PA, in early spring?

And that little one in Georgia in the fall.

I'm sure I have left some others off. Other members will chime in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooty481, you can always follow the KY crowd to GA in October. One day we will get JWC to come hang with the southerners.

Hooty481, you can always follow the KY crowd to GA in October. One day we will get JWC to come hang with the southerners.
Ha, Kenny, you are one of the good ones.
One day, when I win the big lotto jackpot, I am gonna buy you a plane ticket (ah heck, a bunch of plane tickets) to get you up here.[thumbzup]
I still owe you from the lopsided trade at Gravelrama 5 years ago. ;-)

I would like to make it to the fine GA rally one day. I really do. . . . but, . . . I don't understand why y'all won't even think of coming up to our rally.
I can right off the top of my head name a handful of yankees that have traveled all the way down to the GA. rally (gimpy, speddmon, JW4x4, swbradley, doghead, sirmrtow, . . . some more than once)
Now name me one rebel that has made it to Haspin. (not including Ferro, Garbee, and Neil Hendrix :) )

Were beginning to think you guys are . . . well, . . uh, . . . . kinda conceited.:cookoo:

Before y'all start flamin', I am just pokin' fun. (you can tell by all the annoying smilies I put in here.
Honestly, we really would like to have y'all come on up, and have a good time. :beer:
Besides, how can you claim that your rally is the best, if you never go to the others to compare? :cool:

Respectfully,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be fair Jeff, the GA Rally is the halfway point to haspin for me. I'd love to go at least once but the June dates conflict with our summer schedule. My long distance plan is to get the 700R4 swap done in my M1008 and pack very lightly and drive it up. JW4x4 tends to bring his toy hauler so I can rent some bed space in the garage portion of that. I'm planning on 2012 for that. There is no excuse for the GA folks not to make it to Haspin but I need a special exemption, I'm 1200 miles away. Thought about the flight too, could fly into CVG and hitch a ride to the event!

To be fair Jeff, the GA Rally is the halfway point to haspin for me. but I need a special exemption, I'm 1200 miles away.
Kenny, I absolutely understand. I was not in any way directing the guilt trip on you.

Thought about the flight too, could fly into CVG and hitch a ride to the event
You know where I live. What is it . . . 7 miles or so to CVG? - Practically walking distance. Last year's haspin I left two trucks at home because I had no drivers. I am pretty sure I have offered in the past. It still stands. I'll open that up to everyone.

My long distance plan is to get the 700R4 swap done in my M1008 and pack very lightly and drive it up. JW4x4 tends to bring his toy hauler so I can rent some bed space in the garage portion of that. I'm planning on 2012 for that.
Sounds like a plan. Hope you can swing it.

There is no excuse for the GA folks not to make it to Haspin !
Actually, these are the guys I was taunting. Roughly 500 leisurely miles from Atlanta. :driver: