• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New fuel filter different than old

rottiedog

I think it should work but it is a LOT different. I have the 209-20-3-1 open and it doesn't have the best pics. Is there something missing from the new filter?

I'll continue searching the archives.....

thanks in advance.

Attachments

rottiedog

Ok, made it through the primary. Jumped over to the final. Got the canister off but none of the o-rings seem to be the correct size. Couple of big ones left for the oild filters and then there's a couple of small o-rings and some wider ones in the same bag. The small ones don't seem as narrow as the one that came out to fit in the groove. The wide ones definitly won't fit in there but do they seal with the wide ones as a face seal?

rottiedog

Oh, there was about two inches of crap in the bottom of the final filter. I expect the same in the secondary. Nothing was coming out of the drains.

Now I REALLY want spin on filters!!!!

rockman

Slide the wide one into the slot just inside lip. I installed baldwon filters just like the one you showed. Hold the canister down while tightening the bolt and it should seal fine.

Bill

rottiedog

It leaked BAD!! What about heating these seals to stretch? Am I missing the correct seals. These are not fitting.

Are all three canisters the same size? The seal fit great on the primary.

The two size seals are pictured. I tried to fit both. Both are a smaller diameter than the lip on the mount. I used the wide one and tested with pressure. TEST FAILED but it might have slipped out of position while tightening the bolt.

Attachments

rottiedog

!#$

I wish I didn't destroy the old o-ring when I removed it!!
Here is a quick pic that shows the size difference between the can and the o-ring...

Attachments

rottiedog

Why is there two o-rings for each of the filters?

Why don't my filters look like the ones in the pictures on OD?

I think they are the right filters but the o-rings are not close.

50shooter

I don't use the gaskets that comes w/the filters. Buy the 5070 gasket at Napa, they are $.84 each and work perfect. Use a dental pick to get old ones out of the gasket grooves. Also, sometimes the old gasket sticks to the can. If they've been on a long time that actually look like part of the filter can.

Good Luck

rottiedog

Thanks man. I just read that on a different post and it got me steaming. Why the hell do they sell a complete m35 filter kit with the WRONG o-rings. I have a truck that doesn't work right now. I would have been fine if I was told before hand.

Oh well....learning curve is steep!!!!

jatonka

I have posted the correct gasket numbers from NAPA at least once in the past month, If I saw your post sooner, I would have told you. sorry, JT

Pawnshop

I went through the same thing today! I think the filters we got are for a lot of different applications, choose the seal you need and discard the others. My secondary canisters either did not have seals in them or the old seals are jammed so far up in the housing that I could not find them, I just replaced the filter element and reinstalled the canister, no leaks. If you installed a seal on TOP of an old seal then it will leak, take out one seal. As for the diameter difference between the new and old filter, I can't help you there, I hope it will do the same job as I installed an identical set to yours a few hours ago!