• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New fuel pumps!

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if they'd push ATF through a couple of filters. Seem a bit slow...32-45 gph...but they're certainly cheaper than the Facet for the genset.

CDR

Wonder if they'd push ATF through a couple of filters. Seem a bit slow...32-45 gph...but they're certainly cheaper than the Facet for the genset.
These engines burn around a gallon an hour full load I can't see why it would make a difference. I know it won't matter as a transfer pump

PeterD

One must ask why you want to push ATF through a few filters! These pumps are rated at 180 degrees maximum, and I know your Hummer transfer cases get much hotter than that (mine has peaked at 265 degrees!)

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good question. It was sort of a 'galvanic' response. When I read transfer, I thought about a relatively inexpensive means of filtering ATF to burn in the deuce. Wasn't thinking about the 3rd pump.

Mrfeeney

I don't know what the actual flow requirements are but it has been my understanding that one of the functions of the excess fuel from the injector pump back to the fuel tank is not only to lubricate but also cool the pump, so the gph of the fuel pump does more than feed the engine with diesel.

I am sure the Facet pumps deliver far more than neccessary but what is the minimum?

Triple Jim

The extra fuel that's returned to cool the injector pump is extra fuel pumped by the injector pump itself, not the 24V supply pumps. There is no return line for those, they just stop pumping when their flow is blocked.

puddlejumper

Does the MEP-004A need two supply pumps? I have two 004As, one is missing the supply pump(s). My second unit appears to have two supply pumps. Do I need two and does anyone know what Facet pumps I need to order?

Attachments

dangier

No experience with the 004, but 002's and 003'sall came with two main fuel supply pumps. First thing I did was take one off for spare. No need for the extra supply pump in series for applications we would get into. More for military redundancy.
David