• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New GL delivery service

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, what amazed me in that vid is the pallet seemed to survive the crash in mostly one piece from what I can tell.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good one, Clinto!
I love the shot of the worlds fastest forklift...........
That video is funny in a lot of ways.

It's been floating around the internets for years, it was sent to me as a mp4 file years before google video (which was rolled into YouTube when google acquired YouTube) and YouTube existed.

Since then, it has been reuploaded and reuploaded by who knows how many people and occasionally redubbed with different music and it's been cut up so the sequence is different. The original with CCR is obviously the best.

It also shows why every CUCV has a pancake'd hood.

bchauvette

Oh yeah, I am sure GL would do a great job at air-dropping people's stuff that's already paid for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4SRGOrxu4
For those of with your who aren't airborne. Jumpers carried loads base on their weight. The lighter you you are the heavier the load you carry. I usually carried como wire. Just before hitting the ground you release the load to hit the ground first theoretically slowing you down . The problem is if you land in a tree and the load dosn't stop before you, you hit with excessive speed. B.T.W. Along with the load you also have your weapon in a tear out case strapped to your leg.

saddamsnightmare

March 3rd, 2014.

A LAPES extraction might have been better, but, as Robert Burns said in the "Wee Mousie": "The well laid plans of mice and men oft do gang agley". GL caption; "Only dropped once, very low miles since!":naner:

drewmech

As a former Jet Mechanic I watch those videos and can hear the Pilots blaming the Loadmaster the Loadmaster blaming the Pilots and the ground crews running before they get blamed.

As a taxpayer I'd still rather watch tax payer dollars get wasted doing stuff like then say giving a politician a raise.

jarhead1086

That would explain a few of my issues. The bright side is that I will have a nice truck and a well rounded education in the end. Thanks for the laugh.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gives new meaning to why it is I don't like flying...... WOW, thats quite a load to drop, bet that loadmaster was scrambling to stay out of the way.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the way they used to try to get rid of the Gamma Goats, send em on a para drop mission and forget to set the chute up right. Think they're still digging for a couple of them down at Ft. Bragg.......