• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Grille Cover on Blazer (pics)

edpdx

I installed the grill cover I ordered from Jatonka the other day. I gotta say, it was fast delivery, and fast to install. The quality seems top drawer as well. I ordered the "hardware Kit" I was glad to have it; but frankly, the parts would be half the price from ACE Hardware.

Easy to install:

1. open the hood and position the cover in place- it has to be pulled between the bottom of the grille and the bumper- loops are sewn in along the bottom which makes this easy.
2. If your CUCV does not have the hardware already installed, you need to have:

• a Phillips 2
  • a small crescent wrench to turn the grill-mounted turn snaps
  • a wrench (1/4"-9/2") to turn the original top grill screws out- they are replace with 2 of the 3 button snaps.
  • Drill and small bits
3. Back out the two top screws- on either end, with the wrench, replacing them with the snap buttons (male). Mark the position of the center snap and drill a slightly undersized hole to accept the third snap.

4. The cover is correctly positioned to mark and drill the plastic grille on either end- try to keep the new hole centered on the grille so you don't set yourself up for a crack in the plastic. Also, drill size is critical- too large and the grille will crack at the hole while you are tuning the turn button in to seat it.

Tip: use some bailing wire or similar to extend each of the bottom loops- just double a 18" length through each loop and drop them through the space between the bumper and grille to pull the canvas cover down evenly mine kept getting bound up- the extensions help you pull easily to get it square.

I noticed the temp gets a little higher, a little faster- makes for faster cab warm ups on snow days like today.m1009grille1.jpg

m1009grille2.jpg