• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy and have a question

K45

1st Welcome aboard. GL is a good place to get one. You just have to go through the hoops they have set up. And you have to have patience. Definitely expect to do some work when you get one. I would suggest looking on craigslist and ebay. Those vehicle should have all their titles stuff done which can save alot of headache. Hope that helps

Andyjones

1st Welcome aboard. GL is a good place to get one. You just have to go through the hoops they have set up. And you have to have patience. Definitely expect to do some work when you get one. I would suggest looking on craigslist and ebay. Those vehicle should have all their titles stuff done which can save alot of headache. Hope that helps

Wouldn't they mention whats wrong with it? To get it running faster? Or do you mean maintenance like changing the fluids on it and pumps and timing belt?

jw4x4

I found out first hand that civilian blazer springs will NOT fit on the M1009's. You gotta be specific on this when looking for/ordering springs.

K45

Well I will say often most of the GL are missing parts. Whenever one blazer has a bad part they would take it off of another blazer. So it may be missing gauges, switches or other parts, and if it is complete be prepared to replace fliuds, belts, filters, and other odds and ends.

I am not trying to discourage you from going the GL route, but be prepared and if you are able to schedule an inspection before the auction do it.

Crash_AF

The vehicle's condition is a crapshoot when you are bidding on trucks at GL. They do not do ANYTHING to the trucks when they come in, so they don't have a clue as to the condition. Some are better than others about jump starting them to see if they run, but other than that, if they hit the switch and it doesn't fire, they write 'Does not run'.

As to missing parts, that is a crapshoot as well. Some 1009s have been picked over, some have not. It all depends on the unit that they were assigned to.

I would most definitely recommend inspecting the vehicle before you bid.

Later,
Joe

jw4x4

Judging from the pics, that M1009 is almost certainly a runner. The most it should need to get it going would be batteries. Nonetheless, you should take a trailer or medium duty military tow bar should you be fortunate enough to win the auction.

Andyjones

Judging from the pics, that M1009 is almost certainly a runner. The most it should need to get it going would be batteries. Nonetheless, you should take a trailer or medium duty military tow bar should you be fortunate enough to win the auction.
Thanks I also told my mom abotu the M1008 truck with the 1.5 ton and she told me to look at other bases for a truck now. :-D I'm still getting the M1009.

Edit: Will a haynes manual or chilton manual be able to help me on the diesel blazer or do I need to special order one?

Last edited:

littlebob

here's some pictures from the auction

Andy,
Thats a sweet looking truck. This is the best place to ask questions and
get good answers. I would avoid educating the players by not sharing info about a vehicle you are interested in. There is always someone out there that might have missed it and found it because you posted something on it.
Let us know when you get yours and welcome aboard!

littlebob

Andyjones

Andy,
Thats a sweet looking truck. This is the best place to ask questions and
get good answers. I would avoid educating the players by not sharing info about a vehicle you are interested in. There is always someone out there that might have missed it and found it because you posted something on it.
Let us know when you get yours and welcome aboard!

littlebob
I had a feeling I was doing that I remember that this happened before on my first car I showed my friends and told them were it was cause I didn't think nothing of it. Next thing I know my friend went and bought it the day before I did and I got pissed. :x

Crash_AF

Edit: Will a haynes manual or chilton manual be able to help me on the diesel blazer or do I need to special order one?
Download the military technical manuals for it on this site in the 'Resources' tab because they are MUCH more detailed than the shadetree manuals could EVER hope to be, and as an added bonus they're completely free.

They are the 9-2320-289-## series of manuals.
-10 is the operator's manual
-20 is the unit maintenance manual
-34 is the intermediate maintenance manual
-20P and -34P are the parts manuals for the respective levels of maintenance

Later,
Joe

Andyjones

Download the military technical manuals for it on this site in the 'Resources' tab because they are MUCH more detailed than the shadetree manuals could EVER hope to be, and as an added bonus they're completely free.

They are the 9-2320-289-## series of manuals.
-10 is the operator's manual
-20 is the unit maintenance manual
-34 is the intermediate maintenance manual
-20P and -34P are the parts manuals for the respective levels of maintenance

Later,
Joe
thanks but the 10 - 20 series were in the same file but it showed more of the 20 I could not find 34.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition to the TM's, I would suggest either the Haynes or Chilton (28622) manual. There's a lot of info in these that isn't in the TM's. Also, I use catalogs from www.LMCtruck.com and www.truckandcarshop.com for parts reference.
You can never have too much reference material.