• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy checking in with M923A2

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good evening Ladies & Gents. I am new to the site and the community. I was sent here by Justin Wehring and he is who I am going to be buying my 5 ton from. I am getting into an M923A2 and Justin will be my teacher while we recondition and bob it. I have rode a few miles here and there in a few 5 ton trucks but most of my ground transportation, which included carrying a few essential living items was done on foot. I left the Corps as an E5 with an MOS of 0311. Then gave a little time to the Air Guard as a blue beret and left as an E7. I am at a place in my life where this new hobby keeps my Military streak alive and it allows me to learn something I didn't know about and ultimately, the gold prize, a chance to spend time with my two sons who are stoked about the truck.

m715mike

Howdy from the north side of Houston. My oldest son is currently in as a 0311.

Welcome to the site. I hope to see you on the roads around Houston sometime!

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank y'all for all of the welcomes. Paid for the truck today. She's mine, now we got to learn one another. Strange thing....I never thought much about that TV show, Married at first sight. Thought it made a mockery out of marriage. Now here I am married at first site. For better I hope more than for worse.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Have a great time with your 5 ton. I love mine. Lots to learn here! Here are a few pictures from our pre-convoy meeting at the local tech high school tonight. We are heading to the Weare, NH MV show on Friday morning.

Attachments

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! So 74, by neuter do you mean "bobbed"? Cuz thats my plan to make her a bobbed bada--ed bug out battle wagon. I understand keeping her real but I have wanted a bobbed forever. Besides now I have a legit reason to approach the House SgtMaj (Wife) for authorization of a second addition to the rolling stock fleet of the 1st PMTUTM (Private Motor Transport Unit Thats Mine). LOL