• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from columbus ohio

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

HELLO , I HAVE JOINED THIS SITE TO FIND A 6X6 DEUCE SOME WHAT CLOSE TO ME AND HAVING A HARD TIME SO MAYBE YOU GUYS COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR KNOW SOMEONE THAT HAS WHAT I WANT. I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD RUNNING WITH A TITLE 6X6 DEUCE WITH A WHISTLER TURBO , HARD TOP , AND WINCH CLOSE TO COLUMBUS OHIO . ANY OTHER HELP FINDING ONE WOULD BE GREAT THANKS CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME 614 496 8916 CURT .

I REALLY HAVE MY EYE ON THIS ONE BUT ITS ABOUT 4 TO 5 HRS THERE AND 8 TO 10 BRINGING A DEUCE BACK AT 55 MPH OR LESS LOL . THIS ONE DOESNT HAVE A WINCH BUT I KNOW I CAN PICK ONE OF THEM UP CLOSE .

M35 Deuce and a half - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

ANYONE WANT TO GO TO Potterville Mi 48813 THIS WEEKEND ? LOL

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great to hear from another ohio guy. Please don't type in all caps. Roger's surplus in London, ohio has Deuce and half's, I bought mine there. 937-231-4592. He's a grumpy guy at first, but has lot's of trucks he will sell.

Dennis

Last edited:

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

Hey thanks for the info I will give him a call . Sorry about all caps there . Is there any deuce truck shows around ohio ? I was really big in to mini trucks with air ride and body dropped for a long time and have been to many states for mini truck shows

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site. Sorry about OU last night. Our family used to live in C-bus and my oldest brother still does. I haven't yet called to see if he has recovered from the game.

Don't ask what street we lived on. I know it was in the university district but I was 3 when we moved. :)

Lance

pcblakeley

Hey brother, welcome to the site. Go check out Craigslist Searcher and you will find a Duece or 5 ton nearby you. I would vote against driving that bad boy more than 20 miles to home....unless you get it insured and in your name right after the sale.

I would then recommend setting up a wrecker service to pick you up on the way if you break down. ( keep the number in your pocket just in case )

And in the other pocket keep 500 bucks to pay the tow truck driver for when it breaks down.

I just got a 5 ton multi fuel and thought I was going to drive it home, then I noticed a flat, burned out alternator and then I realized that I haven't driven anything bigger than a Humvee....oh and the brakes were squishy...

Just too many factors to outweigh that 200 dollars it took to get it trucked to my house to tinker on it.

Good luck on your search, there are lots of trucks out there to buy, it is a great time to own these trucks

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

I can think of 3 shows, I'm sure I'm forgetting or don't know about others.

Findlay, OH May 14-16

Findlay-Hancock County Military Association

One right up 71 from you, July 23-24

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...itary-vehicle-show-july-23rd-24th-2010-a.html

And one 30 mi north of mansfield.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/49801-ohio-military-vehicle-show-aug-20-21-2010-a.html

Dennis
Thanks for the information Dennis. Hope to have a deuce pretty soon so I can take it to the shows and get to meet some other deuce owners . Is that your truck doing a burn out in your avatar ? Anyone ever get stopped in Ohio and get fuel checked? Stack swabbed? Any one know the laws in Ohio on that ?

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

Welcome to the site. Sorry about OU last night. Our family used to live in C-bus and my oldest brother still does. I haven't yet called to see if he has recovered from the game.

Don't ask what street we lived on. I know it was in the university district but I was 3 when we moved. :)

Lance
Thanks Lance , Yes it was a close game . I didn't get up till around 4 p.m today it was a ruff night after the game lol . You know how it is in Columbus win or losses everyone drinks lol .

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

Hey brother, welcome to the site. Go check out Craigslist Searcher and you will find a Duece or 5 ton nearby you. I would vote against driving that bad boy more than 20 miles to home....unless you get it insured and in your name right after the sale.

I would then recommend setting up a wrecker service to pick you up on the way if you break down. ( keep the number in your pocket just in case )

And in the other pocket keep 500 bucks to pay the tow truck driver for when it breaks down.

I just got a 5 ton multi fuel and thought I was going to drive it home, then I noticed a flat, burned out alternator and then I realized that I haven't driven anything bigger than a Humvee....oh and the brakes were squishy...

Just too many factors to outweigh that 200 dollars it took to get it trucked to my house to tinker on it.

Good luck on your search, there are lots of trucks out there to buy, it is a great time to own these trucks
Thanks , Yea I have been on c-list and found a few just not what I am looking for . I found a 5ton I wanted but no title . When I get one I have to have a whistler turbo. I am sure i will go deaf lol . It seams to me like around Ohio there is a lot of guys buying them up and trying to sell them like a car lot and make a big bunch of money . I am not mad at anyone for that I just don't want to pay 8 to 15 grand . When you wait and find what you are looking for , for less .

BIGBOYCAPRICE97

Thanks for the warm welcome and keep it coming if you are close around let me know . What does everyone use there deuces for around here ? I would like to use mine to tow my boat and just drive around for fun . I find a lot of deuces just sitting around not being driven at all . They cant be that bad to drive . I have had a few big trucks in the past like dodge and ford f 350 full size so I don't think it could be to much more to drive the deuce to walmart for a gallon of milk and bread . At my walmart you have to park a mile out anyways even if you do own a small car it is always packed .

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A warm welcome from Cambridge Ohio here. Driving one around for fun is have the enjoyment of owning one. I've used mine as a grocery getter before. And made hauling runs with it as well. It's a very versatile machine. Once you find one you will have a blast with it.

jpcj-7

Welcome to the family!
I have a truck sitting @ my house that is just what you looking for minus the hard top...However it is not mine, but the guy wants to sell it! I'll be seeing him tomorrow, so I'll give him your info.

Lance

Last edited:

cjcottrill

Welcome, I'm just South of you in Chillicothe. I use my truck about every week-end to ferry the grandson around; he loves it. An occasional drive to work and maybe haul a little gravel once in a while. That Tru-Temper No. 2 manual aggregate handler is a little hard on the old shoulders though. I never did figure out how the loader operator gets the heaviest gravel on the front of the truck. Fuel milage is not much worse than my civy 1-ton. Deuce about 8.5, ton duelly about 10. The diesel is a little higher than gas though. Keep your eye out, trucks are plentiful right now, I've seen prices from the $2,000.00 range up to 19,000.00 in our area. A lot are over priced for my blood but good deals are to be had. Be patient but be ready to move when the price is right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks