• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Connecticut.

Rosta97

Hello folks,

My name is Cameron, I currently live in New Haven, CT but I am originally from New Hampshire. I am a Criminal Justice major that hopes to get a job in LE after I graduate. I joined this site because I am looking into getting a mighty deuce as a fun project/offroad vehicle. I have been interested in them since I was a little kid, and would love to own one. I hope that the information on this site can help me learn about them and eventually lead me to one.

Thanks for having such a great site.

Cameron

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome you have found the right place for most anything you need to know search the duece forum and you will find the answers on most any question you have. The classifieds here is a great place to find a decent truck in most price ranges and conditions from parts trucks to parade ready . I'm sure there some local guys close to you who will assist you any way they can

Rosta97

Thanks for the reads, Chevytruck. They provided me with a good deal of information. I don't plan to buy a deuce until at least next summer, when the funds are more available, and I have more information about them.

From what I read in your links, and have seen around the site and the web; I am leaning towards buying it private sale already titled, it just seems like a major pain and gamble buying them from GL.

Chevytruck

At the very least, if you go private, you will then have a truck to tow other goodies from GL. Just get a towbar. :beer:

These can be very addicting! :mrgreen: :cookoo:

mikeroot2

Welcome. You won't be able to stop at owning just one. It was just a few short months ago I bought my deuce, then the infection spread to a m109a3, then a trailered mep003a, and now an 818. I fear that once you start there will never be an end. Good luck!

jakinabx

new guy from lancaster va.

welcome cameron i joined ss because i bought a 1956 m62 5 ton 6x6 wrecker that has a r6602 continental engine in it and it runs and every thing work i drove it home know i have a super special project to work on and cant wait to get started

emr

Welcome!

If you want a Deuce, A good starter would be to look at the TMs in My signature. And this PDF (right click and save as)

Good Luck in your quest!
Just a friendly FYI, the term Deuce and a Half is an M series thing, and there has been absolutely no written confirmation of the term deuce in WW2 at all, maybe some wife's tails but thats it, From the MV Mag to things I have read from David Doyle, its just not accurate, Hope U do not mind the correction.... Randy