• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from CT! M923

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
pst... use the link in his sigline...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps he does need to clarify on this thread, since we are not the clairvoyant ones?

Vintage iron

Hey, Justin. Nice looking truck! I have a engine for you. I have a Cummins 250 that is in my truck right now or a Cummins 400. Give me a call Matt 617-650-2108.

Kingpepsi

Quick question for the Mod of this forum. Is it the norm to merge all of the threads started into a single thread? Or is it just done to clean things up after answers have been posted? Just curious.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, in this case, you had at least 4 threads about the same truck, all running and talking about the same things and 2 in the wrong forums.

I could have taken more time/care and made sure they were merged chronologically, but I didn't.

Kingpepsi

So a bit of an update. I pulled an inspection cover on the passenger side of the motor. The #3 liner is completely destroyed. I can see right through the water passage and into the cylinder bore. The con rod appears to be intact however the piston and sleeve are destroyed. There is also a crack in the block at the very bottom of the bore. Looks like its time for a motor.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am in CT and looking at buying a 5ton. How are you planning to reg it. I was going to try to play dumb and reg it as a camper. I read all the CT statutes there is nothing prohibiting it and no bathroom or sink requirement in the statute.
Will

Kingpepsi

I am planning on trying to get it reged as an early american with historic plates. At that point it will be light weight with no commercial usage.

I am in CT and looking at buying a 5ton. How are you planning to reg it. I was going to try to play dumb and reg it as a camper. I read all the CT statutes there is nothing prohibiting it and no bathroom or sink requirement in the statute.
Will