• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from CT

Bucketokarma

Hello, my name is Shane, I'm currently on my second deployment in Iraq. I do not own any military vehicles (although, the Army did make me a driver, 88m). I do however have large aspirations to make a military tribute Vehicle from a Jeep LJ (two door long wrangler TJ) Rubicon. I have big plans, and everyone I ask (supply, maintenance, and the people on MilitaryJeepers.com) about things I should do to it, to make the "MIL-ICON" mil-spec, have said to ask around on the steel soldiers boards.

So no, I do not own a military vehicle per-say, but I am basically trying to create/build what I think the military would have been using, if they decided to stick with the Jeep name throughout the late 90's into the new millennium. If this is a problem I will remove myself from your boards and ask elsewhere. I'm not here to make waves. I'm just here to ask questions, browse for new ideas, and possibly buy some parts if the prices are good (lower enlisted pay isn't the best, even while deployed).

If you have any questions of me, feel free to ask. If you would like to know what I have in mind for "MIL-ICON", or want to see the compilation of pictures I'm using for inspiration, let me know and I'll post up a reply with what I have got so far.

Thank you,
Carlson, Shane M

badgmc56

Shane, welcome to Steel Soldiers. Sorry I don't have the information that you need but maybe someone else on here will. The thing that I would do is search pictures and info about the Hummer and try to incorporate that into your Jeep. I think that would be a good start. Good luck in your project and stay safe. Bob C.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome!

I agree with Bob, I'd look at cirrent vehicles and I'd look at M38A1's-I'd take the features of each and combine them. You need to take the big visual items of a military jeep and definitely include them-items like the jerry can bracket, tow hooks, etc.

We wanna' see pics too!

waayfast

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service to our country!Very cool idea you got--I can't offer much in advice on Jeeps(dont have any experiance with them) but playing around on the PC with something like Photoshop may help in planning.HHHMMM maybe a cross between a Ferret and a Jeep??!----I know, I know ,my ol' lady says I have a strange mind---
Jim

vj

shane, what about fix up a m38a1, that about the best price jeep to start with. i know their are old but it about money. all so you can check out g503 about jeeps. i got some friends at tal afa fob sykes, with the blackhawks,you might run across them, you never know. also your profile says you want to be a cop in ct. well i done meet 5 of your state trooper from ct. we were doing the spot pot from the sky in a huey and had a sudden impact. to the ground, [ a crash] that job can be a little exciting too. vj

Bucketokarma

Thanks for the welcome. I have had this Idea in mind for some time now. In my head it's already built, now I just have to put the plan into action. I have alot of questions about various items, but I'll get to them when the time comes. Thank you again for the help and welcomes I have received already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks