• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Miami

ozzy308

While changing the front brakes found lots of water in the axel. What is the best way to clean it out with out taking it apart? I was going to flush it with parts cleaner. Is this a good idea? Any help would be appreciated.

ozzy308

I agree there shouldn’t be any water in the axel! When I remove the oil fill plug too check oil level too much oil came out so I remove the drain plug that’s when a lot of water came out .

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if it's got water in one, you'll have to check them all. Wheel bearings will all have to be checked and repacked. I never pulled a differential, but depending on how long that water's been in there, they may need more than just flushed out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as the differential, drain it and let it drip for quite a while. Refill them with fresh GO and take them for a nice long ride, preferrably at highway speed. Most of the remaining condensation/water will evaporate off. A second change would be better if you can afford it.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! I would also check the axel vents or perhaps even replace them. If you do replace them check the new ones to make sure they aren't stuck.

I would also recommend using a different font color - your posts are difficult to read.

armytruck63

I sincerely hope this is fresh water and not salt water. If there is water in the differential, most likely your wheel bearings are contaminated as well. And like Recovry4x4 said, change the differential oil, take the truck on a 50 mile drive at highway speed to get things nice and hot, and change the oil again.