• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Michigan

butch32

Hi, I been lurking on this site for quite a while now and finally registered. I recently picked up a 86 M1008 from government liquidations out of lansing Michigan with 86,000 miles, camo and looks complete in decent shape. when I got it home I changed the batterys and put a new set of glow plugs in, as 7 of 8 were junk. Then it was time to see if it would start as it had a half of tank of fuel. Within a revolution it started but had to shut it down because somebody ran a hilo fork thru the grill and took out all three cores of the radiator. How they didn't bust the grill is a fluke. If anybody knows where I can get a used radiator in good shape that is the same, so I can hook up my oil and tranny lines up without modifying. let me know, thanks butch32

TedG

welcome!

I can't help you on the rad, but I will ask where the pictures are!!!!

butch32

I don't have my own camera and will have to have someone help me post pictures on here as I never did the picture posting before. I will get pictures up sometime soon hopefully.

That puts the Michigan list around 250 members, I think!!! :shock:

Welcome! You've got a month to get it ready for the trails at Grayling. See "Camp Grayling Color Tour" thread under MV events.

EDIT:
BTW, check the CUCV forum for comparisons to stock chevy trucks. You may be able to get a radiator at NAPA or CarQuest, etc.

butch32

Left a voice mail for PJ to call me back if he has a radiator. Will post tommorow weather he has one or not. Still open if anbody knows where I might find a good used radiator.

CCATLETT1984

welcome to the forum, your radiator is the same as the pickups with the 6.2L engine and th400 transmission. A a replacement 4-core copper/brass radiator will be pricey, you may want to consider a two-core aluminum part, as they will be cheaper and still give the cooling capacity. (I now have a aluminum in mine.)

butch32

Never heard back from PJ, so i'm still in the market. really don't wnat a new one until I know that the 6.2 is in good running condition as I only had it running for 30 seconds due to the bad radiator.