• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Michigan

strelnik

Hello all,
Came across your site accidentally and immediately registered!

Am currently building several cars, including

a Kuebelwagen

a WW2 Mercedes W136 staff car for the Afrika Korps

and other stuff.

Originally I was seeking an answer to the question about government surplus trailers and the size pintle hitches that the 3/4 ton trailers have.

If anyone knows, much appreciated, I tried to search buit didn't have much luck.
Are they all 2" ? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

How loose should a pintle hitch be on a trailer?

TedG

Welcome from Lansing MI!

The M101 3/4t trailer lunett will fit all WWII jeeps and WC's and M series smaller trucks (m37) and jeeps/mutts including hmmwv's/cucv's/880's etc. Big trucks are, well, bigger. It is a standard size but I have never measured it. Fitting should be snug but not tight.

camp9

Welcome from the UP. I have a neighbor that has a reese pintle I borrow when hauling trailers, and it seems to work regardless the size of the trailer. It has the 2 5/8" ball with the pintle clamp over the top. I have a dodge 3500 that I pull with. Now if you were hauling a loaded trailer

citizensoldier

Welcome from the tip of the mitt. If it was not so cold out right now I would go outside and measure them for you. All the trailer types I have will fit a deuce down to jeep. There is very little difference in the inner hole size from a M105 down to a MB trailer.

NICK_M1009

Welcome from the thumb of Michigan. If ya look at the trailer section on this site it's probly in there somewhere. If not post a question in the trailer section and you should get a answer. If I had a trialer I'd tell ya, hope to get one after taxes... Take care bud.