• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From New Hampshire

BrianAnthony

Hi all; have been reading your site for about three months. Wow! The information here is incredible. I'm picking up a MEP-002A and a MEP-016B in a couple of weeks and hope I can get some info ( and help ) to get them up and running. As Carl_in_NH mentioned earlier, it's getting colder and that white stuff is falling out of the sky. A year ago today almost half the population of NH lost power in a massive ice storm. Some people didn't get power back for close to two weeks; I was lucky, only out for about two hours. After reading about everyone who has these gensets I thought I would get one (okay, so I got two). I think it is an addiction. Also maybe a duece someday? Thanks all. Brian

Carl_in_NH

Welcome, Brian.

You'll like those gensets. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. There's a number of folks from NH here on the forum.

Let me know when you start thinking seriously about a deuce; I'll likely end up selling one of them, since I really can't justify having two of them.

Almost forgot - where are you getting your generators from?

Last edited:

BrianAnthony

Hi Carl-looking forward to getting the gensets. I won them in a GL auction back in October and just got the e-mail yesterday that the EUC cleared. The 002As coming in from Louisiana (shipping is over 500.00 ouch!) and the 016B is in PA. I hope they work. I see your in Wilton; did you ever know a guy by the name of Gil Testa? I worked with him about 20 years ago as a State Forest Fire Ranger. I think he died about ten years ago. I've been following your thread about getting your 002A running. Are you happy with it? I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with mine when it gets here. It did'nt get above 20 degrees here today and that snow Wednesday dropped about a foot up here in the mountains. I see on your profile that you are a "Ham"? I got my Tech Plus license years ago and still have not done anything with yet;kind of intimidated about getting started. My wife says a long as we live on a mountainside try it out. Maybe this Spring. Once I get these gensets could I contact you and have you talk me through what I should do with them? I have been reading the TM's on them. Thanks Brian

scooter01922

A warm (pun intended...its freakin cold out there) welcome to you fellow crazy newenglander :) Quite a few of us around here, i HIGHLY reccomend a deuce but i may be a little biased.

HEY LOOKS AT THAT....my 1600th post on here...yay me :)

Last edited:

dskchevy

Howdy from the great state of Texas........................I miss NH I was born in Littleton would like to find a cheap camp in the willywacks.............:-o

cten

Funny you mentioned that. I thought I saw something on the bulletin board at Market Baseket in Rowley, MA the other day.

Anything posted on SS?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks