• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Northern Kentucky

Brads_nky_yj

Hey all! Im a new guy from the NKY/ cincinnati area. I have been into jeeps and offroading for a few years now and a few weeks ago I saw some pictures of a Deuce in a magazine and was addicted. I have a friend who is into old MV's and he told me about this site. I hope to buy one within a year or so, but plan on learning as much as I can from you all hear on the board. Thanks again!

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello

Hello Brad,Im in Winchester if I can help with anything let me know.Also Gimpy Rob in Cinci is near you.

Brads_nky_yj

oh ok cool! yeah I hope to be able to buy a deuce next year. I have been looking at em online at GL and they arent that expensive really. That makes me happy. I would love to see one of these things in person tho. I think im addicted cause now they are all I can think about lol

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Who is your buddy in N.Ky? Welcome to the site. We have me near Kenwood, Crusher is in Petersburg, Doc and Andy are in Rising sun, and there is Todd in Crittenden.

Brads_nky_yj

my friend actually lives in lexington. His name is Clayton, he has a few old GPW and MB's and his dad owns a deuce. Yeah I live in Verona, about 5 minutes from Florence. Next time you guys meet or do anything let me know. I would love to come and check out these things. I am in a band over in Delhi so I am always up in Ohio as well.

Hello from indiana and anytime you wanna learn how to turn a wrench on one of these fine works of american art drop us a line there is always some thing to do like 12/10/08 andy and i are working on a new project cannot say what it is yet but it will be very unique in its own way .

Brads_nky_yj

I would love to come and help out, but 12/10 is tomorrow and unfortunatley I have to work :cry:, but definatly let me know the next time. I am free any weekend basically and would hop in the jeep and drive to rising sun to mess around and learn a little about these things. Thanks!

Welcome! I lurked around these boards for a couple months soaking up all the expertise I could before I finally took the plunge. Most frustrating thing out of the whole GL buying experience is waiting for all the paperwork to clear. It's been a 3 month process and I'm now waiting to receive my plates, registration & title back from the state. I can't wait to get mine on the road (and off).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, Brad might not have to "dance" with GL. There are others near hear that might have a deuce or two for sale.

Brads_nky_yj

and that makes me very happy gimpyrobb :-D:-D, wouldnt be till next summer till i could actually buy one cause i wont be finished with school till then but oh trust me I have been saving up my pennies

madsam

Welcome.. Put some pics of your jeeps, even if they are not MV. I own 4 of them. I love them. They get ok gas mileage, but the best thing is, I always get home...:-D

2002 XJ
92 YJ
90 Cherokee
89 YJ that had been rollled at 70. (The on in my avatar)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the mix Brad. I'm a little further south than you but I kinda hung out in the CInci area growing up. The group of SS folks up there are top shelf people but then again, most members are!

Wikiwikiwiki

Brads_nky_yj

hey crusher! let me know when and how to get there. My step dad used to live in petersburg. Mitch Hall, Maybe you know him. Let me know, I would love to come out and check some trucks out.