• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Northern VA

stocksj

Hello,
I found this site while looking at Youtube videos on M35A2 trucks. I've been thinking about starting a hobby of maybe getting a surplus M1009 CUCV or maybe buying a PRC-77 to keep up with some equipment I've used when I was in the Army. This site has some great info and I guess for some of us ex or retired arm-chair soldiers it's a great way to remember and see the gear we once used. I's get a CUCV diesel pickup if possible and the wife OKs :eek:

Anyway, I've been retired about 11 years now and server from 1977 to 1998 working in both Medical and MI fields. I mostly miss some of the "fun" stuff we did in the field. Served i Korea twice, Hawaii, Japan, NTC and of course CONUS bases. Hopefully I can made one of your annual roundups and maybe show up with some gear.

Thanks,

Jim Stocks
SFC, USA

HeadWizard

Welcome!

I'm right up the road from you. Live in Clifton and keep the Fleet in Chantilly at the shop. Come by and take a look sometime - you might get a better idea of what you want.

Don

stocksj

Thanks for the great welcome guys, I hope one day to find time and see what everyone has. It should help me make up my mine about what I really want and can support. sometimes the dreams are bigger that the pocketbook.

Thanks,

Jim