• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from NY

1Pineapple

PM me. I can hook you up with the information you need to troubleshoot the A1R - this and anything else you encounter.
Hello you mentioned that you could help? My dash on truck is flashing every time I turn it on. Then after ten minutes or so its stops and certain things stay on. Do you have a TM’s for this truck? Its a 2010 M1093 A1. NSN number is 2320-01-447-3889. Definitely have some problem with batteries too. Would appreciate any help. thanks @GeneralDisorder

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Pineapple. Listen/read. You need to add @GeneralDisorder to the message. It gives him a bump.

Hello you mentioned that you could help? My dash on truck is flashing every time I turn it on. Then after ten minutes or so its stops and certain things stay on. Do you have a TM’s for this truck? Its a 2010 M1093 A1. NSN number is 2320-01-447-3889. Definitely have some problem with batteries too. Would appreciate any help. thanks

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello you mentioned that you could help? My dash on truck is flashing every time I turn it on. Then after ten minutes or so its stops and certain things stay on. Do you have a TM’s for this truck? Its a 2010 M1093 A1. NSN number is 2320-01-447-3889. Definitely have some problem with batteries too. Would appreciate any help. thanks
Other thing is to slow cook the batteries. They have been sitting around for who knows how long - and a good slow charge might bring them back from the dead. Other choice would be to remove them and drag them to a store that has equipment to load test them for you.

These trucks need good batteries - or they act "spastic".

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks i just found a fuse that keeps tripping for the dash.
Nobody wants to do it, but think about these trucks and how they are treated in the service. If it is raining when the GI gets out of the truck - chances are good that the windows were rolled up. It it was a hot clear day, the windows are down. When the rain comes, nobody goes running out to roll up the windows.

BEFORE YOU START, remove the battery connections in the battery box!

The absolute best thing that you could do is go climb up in the right seat. Pull off the fuse panel cover, and then one at the time, remove the fuse or circuit breaker. Clean it with a soft brass "toothbrush". Then see what you can do to clean the "sockets" down on the board inside the dash. AND as you put it back together, apply a small bit of anti-oxidation paste to each contact.

Figure at least a half a day to clean it all up.
It is mind numbing work, but your truck will appreciate it and be better for it.

1Pineapple

Nobody wants to do it, but think about these trucks and how they are treated in the service. If it is raining when the GI gets out of the truck - chances are good that the windows were rolled up. It it was a hot clear day, the windows are down. When the rain comes, nobody goes running out to roll up the windows.

BEFORE YOU START, remove the battery connections in the battery box!

The absolute best thing that you could do is go climb up in the right seat. Pull off the fuse panel cover, and then one at the time, remove the fuse or circuit breaker. Clean it with a soft brass "toothbrush". Then see what you can do to clean the "sockets" down on the board inside the dash. AND as you put it back together, apply a small bit of anti-oxidation paste to each contact.

Figure at least a half a day to clean it all up.
It is mind numbing work, but your truck will appreciate it and be better for it.
Thanks so much i will take your advice. I remember when I was in the service thats exactly how we acted and treated equipment. I will tackle that job tomorrow. Really appreciate your response

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks