• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Ohio

MNS

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Glad I found this site, I've been on the hunt for a clean cucv truck for a while. Looks like i've got a ton of reading I can do here to get more familiar with them.

Nick

gunboy1656

Welcome from western PA, your not too far away from me. As was said keep looking around a good one will show up sooner or later. There are 4 shows coming to Ohio this summer. One in May,June,July and Aug so something will be along.

MNS

thanks for the welcomes,

What 4 shows are coming up? The only one i've seen on here so far is the findlay one.

Sooner or later one will pop up, I'm hoping to find a pretty nice rust free one.
You don't see the trucks around here, I've seen a few m1009s and maybe 2 years ago did see a m1008 but it was full of military guys :lol:

CPAPPY

Welcome to Steel Soldiers . There is a lot of helpful info. here . Good luck with your search . Have you tried Goverment Liquidation. for a truck. :-D

Good luck, Steve

gunboy1656

thanks for the welcomes,

What 4 shows are coming up? The only one i've seen on here so far is the findlay one.

Sooner or later one will pop up, I'm hoping to find a pretty nice rust free one.
You don't see the trucks around here, I've seen a few m1009s and maybe 2 years ago did see a m1008 but it was full of military guys :lol:
1 in Findlay - May

2 in Alliance - June and July

1 in Dayton - Aug

Last edited:

MNS

Welcome to Steel Soldiers . There is a lot of helpful info. here . Good luck with your search . Have you tried Goverment Liquidation. for a truck. :-D

Good luck, Steve
Yes i've tried gl but they don't seem to show up local enough. Usually they are in PA or southern ohio and without a tow vehicle I trust to make it that far it makes it more difficult. I have seen some m1009s that were semi local but not the trucks.

thanks, nick

gunboy1656

Who needs a tow vehicle, there are plenty of members who could help you get one off base and go over it before a trip home. I am looking for M105 trailers that come out of WP since it is the closest location to me.

Never hurts to ask for assistance, not like any GL location in Ohio is very far.