• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from PA

Oblivionboyj

Hello everybody :)
I really don't know all that much about these trucks, but find myself drawn to them.
I keep finding myself looking at the government auction sites staring at the duece and a halfs they have for auction over there.
I was looking around at pictures of them and came across the bobbed deuce and a half.
I am in love.
That is the coolest looking truck I have ever seen!
After researching the trucks and what they are capable of I have decided to bide my time, save my pennies, and get me a bobbed M35A2.
In the mean time I am going to lurk and learn.

In my real life I am a farmer by day and an inspector for Sikorsky Helicopter services at night.
I have a wife who doesn't look at me like I am crazy when I tell her I want one of these trucks, and a 10 year old boy who looks at me like I am crazy whenever I say anything.
I look forward to finding out what I can and hope to one day join the ranks of you MV owners.
Cheers all :beer:

gunboy1656

Well welcome from the western side of the state, there are plenty of member all over the state. A good portion of them are playing a Rausch Creek this weekend.

But pull up a seat, download the manuals, and enjoy reading them and the site. Almost every question has been asked and answered. you will learn a lot with all the reading. The TM's are free under the resources tab.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the New Guy from PA aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare to get underway :driver: Welcome to the GREEN ADDICTION :jumpin:

BTW - Where in PA are you? As a kid, I spent my summers in NE PA at Lake Silkworth (west of the Wilkes-Barre & Nanticoke area.

Srjeeper

Welcome

Welcome aboard, you came to the best site on the web to learn all you need to know about buying and owning one.

Your plan sounds good, so hang out and keep us posted..[thumbzup]

HAWKMAN

Welcome from Reeders...far N.E. PA.......this site ROCKS!! it has all the info you need and people to back it up...enjoy:smile:

Oblivionboyj

Welcome from S.E. Pa. The green disease strikes again!
What part of Pa are you in?
I live near Keystone helicopter.
HA!
I live in Lancaster county, but I work at Keystone Helicopter :)
Keystone MRO (at the airport) is owned by Sikorsky Aerospace services.
The big facility off of the airport is a production facility and it is called Sikorsky Global now.
We split from them this year.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
I am happy to be here.

Last edited:

MAXM37

I live in Lebanon county, welcome and enjoy.
I am heading to RC tomorrow morning, got the M 37 almost loaded.
Maybe we should have a gathering of SE PA guys, seems to be many.

OLDCHEV4X4

HA!
I live in Lancaster county, but I work at Keystone Helicopter :)
Keystone MRO (at the airport) is owned by Sikorsky Aerospace services.
The big facility off of the airport is a production facility and it is called Sikorsky Global now.
We split from them this year.
Yea, there is alot going on over there lately. And I hear the machine shop is in Highlands industrial park.

Oblivionboyj

Yea, there is alot going on over there lately. And I hear the machine shop is in Highlands industrial park.
The machine shop is still over at the Heliplex in the old Hoppe's building.
There is a huge fab shop over in the highlands, as well as a kitting shop and a training center. They are planning to put our new parts shop in Highlands too.
There is also a huge parts shop across the rd from the highlands. I am not sure what that industrial park is called though.

What kind of military vehicle are you sporting?

jh1990

I'd welcome you from lancaster, PA. but i wont be home till christmas :-x if you need someone to roll with ya as far as a second opinion i'll be home in dec and then again in june but my dad (AH1955) would be able to help ya out.
on a side note....Conestoga Valley is better haha

Oblivionboyj

That would be awesome JH!
I need to get next to one of these and really get a look at it; touch it smell it, maybe even try my hand at driving one if possible.
I also need to find out what to look for when buying and all that.
So yeah, local expertise is truly in order here ;)
Saw somebody driving down by Mussers last weekend in an M35A2... your dad maybe? LOL

I am new to the area so CV is as good as any other schools as far as I am concerned. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks