• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Reno, NV

renodogs

Hey y'all, Noob in Reno, Nevada.

• :grin:

USMC 2841 (Radio Repairman) back in the 70's, looking for my first Deuce to own. I will obtain one soon, gotta clear out the workshop, pronto.

I've always loved the multi-fuel trucks, and now that I have a man-cave to kennel one, life is about to get warm and fuzzy.

Semper Fi,

Dave P.
Reno, NV

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! There're lots of Deuce owners here (or people owned by Deuces - not sure which is more accurate). I'm sure they will be along shortly. I'm an M-37 guy.

Since you "used to be" a radio repairman, I have to ask, do you still fix radios? Specifically old boat anchor tube sets, like A/N GRC-3, -5, -7 and A/N GRR-5's.

If you do, I'd sure like to talk to you a bunch more about radios.

I think I hear the Deuce guys headed this way to welcome you. PM me if you're willing to talk radios.

Again, welcome and good luck with your deuce!

Storm 51

olly69

Hey y'all, Noob in Reno, Nevada.
USMC 2841 (Radio Repairman) back in the 70's, looking for my first Deuce to own. I will obtain one soon, gotta clear out the workshop, pronto.
I've always loved the multi-fuel trucks, and now that I have a man-cave to kennel one, life is about to get warm and fuzzy.

Semper Fi,
Dave P.
Reno, NV
Welcome, hope you find this site a great wealth of info & humor! I'm new here too, so strap on, buckle up & stay tuned! Advice: download the tech manuals, they are a great help!

whiskey357

Banned
Welcome to the green bug bite madness...this better than the military as we have a one big story a day rule heheheheheh.....lots of cool stuff in your area...again welcome to the green machine madness...

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Devil Dog, pony up some pics when you get a piece of Green Iron. LOTS of good info here!

Semper Fi!

renodogs

Welcome aboard Devil Dog, pony up some pics when you get a piece of Green Iron. LOTS of good info here!

Semper Fi!
Howdy Silverstate!

I just coughed up a chunk of cash today for my 1968 Deuce (Kaiser-Jeep) She's a beauty! I can't wait to get the paperwork all settled so I can drive her home. You know, a long time ago I owned a boat. The happiness went away the first time I tried to put her in the water. What a pain in the rump. That misery lasted several years.
The day I sold her, what a relief! Never again.

I kept wondering if I'd end up thinking the same thing with this truck. But then the seller fired her up.

I didn't feel like that today- not even close. I dang near did cheetah flips when I crawled into that cab. The wife said she hadn't seen me smile like that in a very long time.

Wow. Who'd thunk???!?!!!?

Like anything, we put pet names on our stuff. So she's now 'Mama Deuce'. She's gonna get the traditional 1968 Marine Corps OD green paint job with yellow markings. So as soon as I can figure out how to post to this blasted message box, I'll post pictures.

Semper Fi,

Dave

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Dave,

I'm near Sac., I have a deuce...and a few other toys...always happy to see more folks joining the site.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the BEHR Paint threads to find the correct USMC green FSS (Federal Supply Service) number (it will start with 34) and the yellow. A lot cheaper to use house paint at $29 per gallon with no haz-mat fees and shipping. The 34094 (Army 383 Green) is well documented. If you are going to make it a USMC truck, be sure to add the paperclips to the front bumper before painting.

renodogs

Check the BEHR Paint threads to find the correct USMC green FSS (Federal Supply Service) number (it will start with 34) and the yellow. A lot cheaper to use house paint at $29 per gallon with no haz-mat fees and shipping. The 34094 (Army 383 Green) is well documented. If you are going to make it a USMC truck, be sure to add the paperclips to the front bumper before painting.
Thanks for the tips Mike, I'll look into the paint. The paperclips on the front bumper are easy to add, I just wish I had a pic from someone to see what the lift points look like on the bed. I read somewhere that not all Marine Deuces had the extra lift points, I assume those were very early models?

Anyway, thanks again.

SF

Dave

renodogs

Welcome Dave,

I'm near Sac., I have a deuce...and a few other toys...always happy to see more folks joining the site.
Hey there Mike!

I've been to Dixon many times. I know exactly where you are. So you have a '41 Indian eh? My ex-wife's Dad used to ride his MP Harley from Treasure Island up to Hawthorne Nevada to swap full saddle bags of WW2 1911's with the Gyrenes for ammo. He was a Marine MP at the brig on T.I in '46 when he got back from the Battle of Okinawa and occupation of China. He said that was one **** of a long ride but he didn't have anything else to do. Makes me wonder if he ever rode an Indian motorcycle while on duty. Love those brass carbs on those things.

SF

Dave
Reno

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks