• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from So. CA

Brett09

I've been lurking around the forums for a bit and thought I would finally say hello. This site has been a great help and has so far answered every question I have had.

I bought an 84 M1008 with low miles and very light rust. I plan on using it for fishing, hunting and getting out of the house and hiding from my mile long honey-do list. :D

The only thing I have done to the truck is replace hoses, fluids, filters, some seals and the belts. Basic needs for a 26 year old truck in my book and I really enjoy wrenching on it. I do plan on putting a set of Michelin X 11. 00R16 XL on it with a lift (not sure how you guys feel about the change from the oem setup) to fit my needs. Other then that it's up in the air. I enjoy the truck and like just how it is but wouldn't be against a radio. Course I wouldn't do anything I couldn't reverse.

armytruck63

Hey Brett09, welcome aboard! It's nice to have another member from the IE. The link in below is for the SCMVCC which meets on the second Sunday of the month in Irwindale. Also, there is the IEMVPA that meets in San Bernardino on the second Saturday of the month. Call 909-350-0548 to find out more about that group.

I have a deuce and M1009 and I like going to events. There is a big event this weekend at Ft. Mac Arthur in San Pedro:
The Fort MacArthur Museum Association: OFMD2010

One of the Steel Soldiers members is planning a Fall event in Yucaipa.

See you around.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Brett, great lookin' truck and hope you'll follow up about how the upgrades go too. I'm in Victorville area here and wondering; Did you pick up your CUCV from Barstow? Have one there myself waiting on EUC clearance--- my first. (cringe:()

Anyway, great to see more than a few So-Cal guys around here as well.

Best of luck to all

Brett09

No I got it from a dealer in Fontana. My wife had an itch for a new car so I just gave her my truck. It's a nice 4 door f-150 with all the bells and whistles, so she was happy. I wanted one that I could drive off of the lot so that's why I went to the dealer. It ended up being a good deal for me in the long run. Most everything was in good working order. I've just been cleaning up the electrical connections and changing out some old rubber. The fluids looked great but I've changed those too.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I saw some CUCV's for sale on Auto Trader and I believe the dealer was in Fontana. Was tempted but thought his prices were high. Anyway, I really didn't know what they worth until I watched some auctions and saw that you could pick one up for about $2K, so I finally did the GL thing and lucky me, I won one... now the dreaded EUC wait.