• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Texas - M882

superdart

Hi!

I scored an M882 yesterday here in Texas. Minimal rust, very straight body panels. Current engine status unknow, as the previous owners never tried to start it. This is the perfect MV for me. I'm a Mopar guy, so the driveline is vary familiar short of the 4wd gear. I served 7 years in the First Cav as a mechanic, so military hardware in general is very familiar.

First task is to get it running, check fluids and do a driveline function check/test drive around the yard. Then it desperately needs tires. They hold air, but are a '93 date code (Goodyear Wrangler M/T 33x12.5x16.5).2021-10-04 12.22.21.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig! Looks like a wrecker push bumper on there. Yeah 16.5 tires are a huge issue. I am running Transforce 9.5R16.5s by Firestone. About all that is available in a name brand tire.

superdart

Yes, but the bumper looks so right, lol. The DMV says the truck was last registered to the S.T.O.P. Narcotics Task Force (whatever that is) but it had to be a few owners ago. Last registered in 2005. We found the original Army TM in the glove box, along with Dodge owners manual, and manuals for a Motorola Spectra police radio and police siren driver. There's lots of extra wiring in the cab indicative of a police car install (part of my current job).

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A nightmare you will have bringing this truck back to life is the fuel pickup/sender assy. It will be rusted and full of holes. Suggest pulling the tank and going through the fuel system completely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks