• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy From Texas

ChucoTX

Hello Everybody,

I am from El Paso, TX and come across the site while googling oig my F150 could tow a M1082 and by the looks of it it won't. I am looking to get a trailer to tow my future Razor/quads+equipment+guns+gas and what not. Been looking at the military surplus GOVPlanet and they have some good stuff, expensive, but good. So I look forward in learning from you all so that I can get educated.

Thank you and have a great day

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the San Antonio area.

Yeh the M1082 would be illegal in Texas without a much bigger truck and some way to make the brakes work. If you were only hauling 1 a M116A2 generator trailer would work great. You might even be able to build a rack for that with an over/under arrangement.

ChucoTX

Howdy from just north of Houston!

Your timing is great! The 2017 Texas Rally is coming up on March 24. If you are able to make the drive to College Station, you are more than welcome to join us. I will probably have my M105 trailer in tow.

Details on the rally are found here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?163887-2017-TX-MV-Rally
Hey 715mike,

That is awesome man! I wish I could join you guys. Was reading that there is also one in the Fall? I might be able to join you guys later on. After reading and looking at pictures, I want to get a lot of stuff hahaha. Military equipment is just awesome.

ChucoTX

Welcome from the San Antonio area.

Yeh the M1082 would be illegal in Texas without a much bigger truck and some way to make the brakes work. If you were only hauling 1 a M116A2 generator trailer would work great. You might even be able to build a rack for that with an over/under arrangement.
Kinda though it would. Considering the size of the trailer, air brakes, etc. How about a 1968 Case Master Body M101A1?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda though it would. Considering the size of the trailer, air brakes, etc. How about a 1968 Case Master Body M101A1?
The M116 is basically the same trailer as the M101 just with a deck only instead of a full box. With a deck only it would be easier loading compared to a trailer with a full bed.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome from central Illinois. Here are a few pictures from when I picked my M1082 from the GOVPLANET lot at Clarksville, TN with my pickup. Truck pulled it good but would not recommend doing with a pickup truck, way to big and heavy But at the time that's all I could use get it picked up off the base and brought home.IMG_0276.JPGIMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPG

ChucoTX

Hello and welcome from central Illinois. Here are a few pictures from when I picked my M1082 from the GOVPLANET lot at Clarksville, TN with my pickup. Truck pulled it good but would not recommend doing with a pickup truck, way to big and heavy But at the time that's all I could use get it picked up off the base and brought home.View attachment 671303View attachment 671304View attachment 671305
Wow. That trailer is tall. I think I overestimated its size. Thank you for sharing it HMMWV Nut

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said not recommended with a pickup especially with no trailer brakes as mkcoen stated but I have to say the engine brake on the RAM did help considerably. Just figured I would post the picture to give you some perspective of how big the trailer is compared to the truck. Hope this helps ChucoTX

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from southeast Indiana.
I have and use a 1968 Case M101a1 to haul my RZR and it works fine. I do have a couple of blocks I put in front of the fenders to keep the rock sliders off the fenders. It is not absolutely necessary as it will fit, but it is easier using the blocks.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In TX any trailer over 4000 GVWR is required to have brakes to be legal. And it is tall, 60" at the deck.

Legal be ****ed.... how about "blatantly and overtly unsafe", and you'll feel like a POS when you kill someone...

Edit- the above is phrased poorly. Let me elaborate: in addition to worrying whether you'll be required to donate to the state''s coffers for transgressing the rules of the nannystate, an overriding consideration should be given to whether you may actually endanger others.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks