• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from TN

TNSS

Hello everyone, new here from TN and In the market for a 5 ton with as long of a flat bed as I can possibly find lol. Looks like a whole lot of info on here as to how to keep these things alive and keeping them reliable which I will really need. I'll probably just do a lot of lurking and educating myself but figured I should say hello anyways.

TNSS

Thanks for the welcome guys, yes the 20' bed would be awesome. I would be willing to take a 16 or 18 also but 20 would be ideal. I have a feeling they going to be harder to find like that

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Dickson,TN

There are a few of us in the area. I don't know of any 5-tons for sale currently.

TNSS

This is cool I didn't know anyone in my area had any of these military trucks. I'm actually pretty close to Dover and Dickson. I'm actually outside Clarksville in the country "Cunningham" off hwy 48/13. If y'all have heard of "Clarksville zombie hunters" that is me. I'm going to use the truck to put paintball guns down the sides in the bed and use to pull my 30 gun zombie hunt trailers next year during Halloween. Lol

Al Harvey

Do you have the white van that I use to see around Clarksville? I know that sounds vague but if it's yours you will know which one I'm talking about. lol

TNSS

I did have a plain white Chevy van no writing or anything on it that I used to haul beef in a freezer. I raise and sell all natural beef. But I do not own the white van with the bear on it if that is what you mean.

Al Harvey

No there was a white van that use to run around town with zombie hunting stuff all over it. They did it in a way that made it look almost like a legit vehicle. lol The best part on it was, "If you see us running, try and keep up!" lol

Al Harvey

What's a Zombie thread?
Pretty much any talk about Zombie's taking over the world, the apocalypse, or any other conversation that brings the wrong type of attention to this thread. There are plenty of forums to discuss that, we are a Military Vehicle site and want to maintain that focus.

TNSS

Just to clarify I am in no way a "zombie's taking over the world guy" it's just something I do for a Halloween business on the side of my farming. I am not wanting this thread to go that way, Not my intent at all. I was just simply telling what my plans were for the truck I want to buy so you guys could better understand what I'm looking for. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.