• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from TN

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to clarify I am in no way a "zombie's taking over the world guy" it's just something I do for a Halloween business on the side of my farming. I am not wanting this thread to go that way, Not my intent at all. I was just simply telling what my plans were for the truck I want to buy so you guys could better understand what I'm looking for. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.
You are fine. No issues. Threads go off track very quickly and I was just reminding members of the rules.

TNSS

Well after searching for a bit I found what I feel like is a solid truck and brought her home last night. It made the 3 hour trip home with out any issues "well almost no issues". There are only two things I think needs addressed and neither are huge issues I don't think. One issue is a small air leak. I found all four of the drain valves have leaks I hope this is the only leak as that should be pretty easy fix. My other issue is a fuel leak, seems to be coming from the back of th injection pump on the motor side. There looks to be a inspection cover on the back of the injection pump with three Phillips screws in it. I think that is where my leak is. I think it might be a easy fix other than having to remove the injection pump to get to it.

Picture of my truck

truck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Harvey

That is a good looking truck! Be warned this is probably the first of many for the OD (tan) bug now has firmly sunk it's teeth into you! There is no cure for the bite! Lol

TNSS

Well I had a fuel leak in the injection pump. I got it fixed thanks to Dixie diesel and she is up and running great. I still have a little air leak at the bleed off valves I plan to just replace all 4 of them and be done with it. I'm pretty sure I can find them fairly easy. Now to get these troop seats and top bows off and sold to help recoup some of the cost of the injection pump repair haha.

On on a side note, when I got the truck the owner said I had to ALWAYS turn the lower switch off to kill the truck before flipping the upper switch "main power". He said if I flipped the top switch first it would fry the computer. Any truth to that? If so is there anyway to correct this or prevent accidental turning off wrong?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

On on a side note, when I got the truck the owner said I had to ALWAYS turn the lower switch off to kill the truck before flipping the upper switch "main power". He said if I flipped the top switch first it would fry the computer. Any truth to that?
Yes, it can fry the ABS.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had a fuel leak in the injection pump. I got it fixed thanks to Dixie diesel and she is up and running great. I still have a little air leak at the bleed off valves I plan to just replace all 4 of them and be done with it. I'm pretty sure I can find them fairly easy. Now to get these troop seats and top bows off and sold to help recoup some of the cost of the injection pump repair haha.

On on a side note, when I got the truck the owner said I had to ALWAYS turn the lower switch off to kill the truck before flipping the upper switch "main power". He said if I flipped the top switch first it would fry the computer. Any truth to that? If so is there anyway to correct this or prevent accidental turning off wrong?

Proper start up and shut down procedures is covered in the -10 TM which should read before operating a unfamiliar vehicle.

TaylorTradingCo

I am down near Chattanooga. I have a M36 for sale, only a 2 1/2-ton, but it has a 17' long bed with one folding down side if that might work for you.
Derek

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks