• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from York, PA

Nate1005

Coastie, thanks for the welcome. No need to thank me for my service... I'm hoping my hunt goes well too but so far all I am finding are rust buckets or overpriced trailers. Regardless, I will continue to look. As far as the right color truck goes, I am all set for that. Its easier to paint a trailer to match my Jeep than to find a new tow rig.

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Hope your hunt for the trailer turns out well. As others have said, thank you for your service. But be careful. Getting the trailer leads to having to have the right color truck to pull it:driver:

Nate1005

Barefoortin, thanks for the welcome. 18 miles isnt too far... might have to bribe you into helping me out once I find my trailer. A second set of hands might come in handy. Cold beer and food is always near by at my place.

Welcome! I'm about 18 miles south of you.

SteveKuhn

Welcome. Looks like you're just a stone's throw away from my niece in Manchester. Getting back to trailers:

If you want that size, you can add Bantam to your search terms. Same basic thing with a ball hitch. Thing is, if you don't find one on GSA, they'll either be nearly as much as a 101 or need tons of work -- maybe both. My buddy has both a Bantam a 416, might be willing to sell, but both are sheet metal worker's specials.

As for a 101 on a Jeep, it depends on the Jeep and how much weight you intend to carry. You can also look for 116s (the flatbed version, my personal favorite). When I was selling my A2, a guy showed up with one of the smaller ones, took it for a ride and turned it down because he was figuring on loading it to the top of the racks with wood. I didn't get in to the discussion of maybe loading less. The guy who bought it has a Cherokee and it does fine as a utility trailer with maybe 1000 lbs. The brakes, tailgate, and extra room are real pluses. I can see an adult taking 2 kids camping with one with little prep. It would be ideal if you could find an A2 or A3 you can hook up, load a bit and see how it goes. If you find yourself up for a Giants game, you're welcome to do that with mine. I'm about 15 mins from the stadium.

Don't forget the Gilbert Show in September (see the thread) and what will likely be the fall Rausch Creek outing. There are good people to meet at both, many already on this thread.

Steve

Nate1005

Steve, I drive through Manchester every day. In fact, I'm going through town in just a few minutes.

I'm starting to swing towards the M102A series trailers but I'm still curious about the 416s. I always thought they were too big gor a Jeep but like you said don't load it all the way. I no longer haul heavy loads and if I do, I get someone with a bigger truck to do it.

I was looking at the Rausch Rally, I usually go to R.C. about three or four times a year to wheel. So i will definitely go up to that outing. I will have to look into the Gilbert Show as well. Thanks for the heads up.

I appreciate the offer to come look at yours and if I will be sure to hit you up if can't find one closer to look at.

-Nate

Welcome. Looks like you're just a stone's throw away from my niece in Manchester. Getting back to trailers:

If you want that size, you can add Bantam to your search terms. Same basic thing with a ball hitch. Thing is, if you don't find one on GSA, they'll either be nearly as much as a 101 or need tons of work -- maybe both. My buddy has both a Bantam a 416, might be willing to sell, but both are sheet metal worker's specials.

As for a 101 on a Jeep, it depends on the Jeep and how much weight you intend to carry. You can also look for 116s (the flatbed version, my personal favorite). When I was selling my A2, a guy showed up with one of the smaller ones, took it for a ride and turned it down because he was figuring on loading it to the top of the racks with wood. I didn't get in to the discussion of maybe loading less. The guy who bought it has a Cherokee and it does fine as a utility trailer with maybe 1000 lbs. The brakes, tailgate, and extra room are real pluses. I can see an adult taking 2 kids camping with one with little prep. It would be ideal if you could find an A2 or A3 you can hook up, load a bit and see how it goes. If you find yourself up for a Giants game, you're welcome to do that with mine. I'm about 15 mins from the stadium.

Don't forget the Gilbert Show in September (see the thread) and what will likely be the fall Rausch Creek outing. There are good people to meet at both, many already on this thread.

Steve