• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here in Kansas City

Todd Glover

Just thought I'd introduce myself right quick.

I just purchased an M1009 for a daily driver. 1989 with 49,000 miles on it. Body is in rough shape but the mechanicals all seem very solid to me. I'll be looking for a maintenance manual and any advice I can get on where to pick up parts for this beast would be very welcome.

I spent 6 years in the Marines, but never got to ride in a fancy rig like this!!!

I live in Kansas city and have been directed to LMC.com for parts (rocker panel and a fender that needs replaced). I'd be very interested to know where you folks get your parts and price vs. quality of various vendors.

Todd

91W350

Welcome to the forum. We get through KC several times a year. Sometimes with a M1009. Loll in the classifieds for some parts. I have been buying repair panels cheap through a local body shop.

Todd Glover

Thanks for the welcomes, a bit premature I guess. Just got a call saying the guy wasn't going to be able to get me a title for a week to 10 days so I guess I'll have to keep looking.

If anyone has one of these for sale around the KC metro let me know!

Flyingvan911

Welcome. I live in Kansas City too. I live on the Missouri side and my Deuce lives at a RV lot on the Kansas side. Don't feel bad about the 10 days. I picked up my deuce from Fort Riley in early October and am still waiting on the title from GL and the DLA (they have to sign it).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks