• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here, St Petersburg, FL

Captaincarrier

Looking forward to scanning the files with hopes to obtain a Deuce. Any input from the group will surely be appreciated.

Professional background prior to retiring, designing piping systems for the major engineering firm in the US of A.

Now,self employed and looking to more free time. In the process of giving up cruisin on the boat and enjoying the Golden Years.

Captaincarrier

My desire is to acquire a vehicle to assist in storm related emergency situations here in Florida. I have found a 65' M109A Van with 20k miles, exterior 'rough', one flat tire, spare tire flat, dry box, etc., windshields need to be replace, and multi-fuel engine runs. Can you guys recommend what to avoid and what to look for? Thanks for looking,

Scarecrow1

The greatest thing to avoid are trucks with no titles. In some states it is the greatest deal breaker at any price. Parts for these trucks are plentiful so it would be a matter of price verses condition. I know in many cases it is best to just buy one in the best condition you can. In the long run it may be the cheapest route in some cases. If you look you may be able to find a 5 ton cheaper than a Deuce due to the abundance at this time so don't rule them out either. You didn't reach our age from being stupid so just take your time and do the home work you'll be fine . Welcome to our addiction :)

5tontiny

Hay Captain How are you I live in St.Pete ... your welcome to come around an check out some truck's.Pctrans Has some really nice trucks I got alot of parts from him building my 5ton...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks