• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here with an 803a

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
You could start here. MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts

The second post has quick links to lots of stuff. The fuel/water separator is put on dry by King Kong. 8)

2 fuel filters. A cartridge fuel filter, and the spin-on fuel/water separator. Take care of re-mounting the cartridge fuel filter cup. Make sure the little gasket stays in the groove, and the cup is in the groove all the way around when tightening. The spin-on filter has been a bear to take off on every unit I have come across. Use a filter wrench which fits it perfectly, or a strap wrench and pull really really hard. None of the after market fuel/water filters have a corresponding hole for the hose from the military. They have a drain, but not the right size for the military drain hose.

Unit looks good.

Optima Red Top batteries. Don't give up on them yet. They recover and work a long time. Use a smart proper AGM type charger. Folks have used and mounted the waterproof 24v battery tender in there unit to keep them batteries charged too.

Buickrat

I am replacing the batteries anyway. The old ones will be brought inside and put on a proper tender.

Still trying to find a correct water separator with the right drain...
Unless I can find a way to put a swivel on the bottom of a Wix replacement so I can still use the factory drain.! !!!!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am replacing the batteries anyway. The old ones will be brought inside and put on a proper tender.

Still trying to find a correct water separator with the right drain...
Unless I can find a way to put a swivel on the bottom of a Wix replacement so I can still use the factory drain.! !!!!
Howdy,

No aftermarket fuel/water separator has the correct size hole for the military drain. You could buy the true correct military filter.

Fuel Filter, Spin-On Fuel/Water Separator Filter (FILTER,FLUID NSN# 2910-01-376-5666 )
True Military filter with drain connector 85285-F

Alternate replacements, with bottom drain, but, factory drain with hose does NOT connect WIX 33472, NAPA 3472, FLEETGUARD FS1251, BALDWIN BF1226, DONALDSON P550248, FRAM P8043, PUROLATOR F64424

Buickrat

Mike, I have been trying to source one but have not received any replies. Have reached out to ISO parts and ArmyProperty.com, but have not heard back. If you know of any other sources, please let me know. Thanks.

Steve

jamawieb

Mike, I have been trying to source one but have not received any replies. Have reached out to ISO parts and ArmyProperty.com, but have not heard back. If you know of any other sources, please let me know. Thanks.

Steve
I've never been able to find them anywhere except ebay.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Yes, they can be found. They are usually about twice the price for the filter. The after market filters have a drain. I am sure you could cobble some kind of drain valve which could work on those too.

Cummins sell them.
NSN #2910-01-376-5666
76700-91640B CUMMINS FUEL FILTER
85285-F CUMMINS FILTRATION INC
FS19718MNA CUMMINS FILTRATION INC
DH32331-3 WESTERN STAR TRUCKS INC

76700-91640B.jpg

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I think after you see the price..:shock: You will be picking up a after market filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks