• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Charleston, SC

bigugh20

I've been lurking here for a while now reading about and admiring all of your trucks. As soon as I get my current project completed I hope to purchase a MV of my own. In the mean while if anyone in the area needs an extra set of hands with there truck, by all means get in touch I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I've always kept a project car or truck around. Really, I'd appreciate the opportunity to learn.

Craig Johnson

Scarecrow1

Hi Craig and welcome to the site ...I'm glad to have another SC guy in the room ....I just joined last year myself and am still trying to get to know some people here so thanks for joining . :p

bigugh20

PM sent SCSG-G4 and JWaller. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. Hockey isn't really my thing nkawtg (not much ice where I grew up in Alabama), but I have been to several Stingray games. Kinda hard not to get into it a little with a season like the Stingray's had last year.

Craig Johnson

saddamsnightmare

January 24th, 2010.

bigugh:

You are in trouble now, boy!:D When you get bitten by the OD bug it leads you on to other things. At least with the Navy and the Air Force in Charleston, it shouldn't be too hard to find a surplus fix...... CUCV's are cheap and useful, deuces will get you in trouble if you live in an HOA development (do check on that one). There was an ex SCANG M38A1 for sale recently on EBAY for between $7 and 9 grand for what I remember, IRAN restored....very nice for your climate....
Keep an eye out, you might just find a coupla these OD IRON addicts lurking around your area.... congrats and good luck on the hunt,

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:driver:

Possumpolice

Just got my M1009 from Ft Jackson

It broke down on the way home. Neither gen light was on and I thought that was good....Once it got dark I burned the lights for a while and then stopped for juice. I could not start it back up after that, and the battery was dead after a few starting attempts. I could not jump start it either... I had it towed to the auto skills shop at the Naval Weapons Station where I get help working on my stuff. Do any of y'all know a mechanic in the Charleston area that knows how to work on CUCV's?

jwaller

It broke down on the way home. Neither gen light was on and I thought that was good....Once it got dark I burned the lights for a while and then stopped for juice. I could not start it back up after that, and the battery was dead after a few starting attempts. I could not jump start it either... I had it towed to the auto skills shop at the Naval Weapons Station where I get help working on my stuff. Do any of y'all know a mechanic in the Charleston area that knows how to work on CUCV's?

all the cucv experts I know are back in columbia. charge both batteries and she should start just fine.

Possumpolice

roger

I/Kevin the mechanic should have all of the buggy electrical issues I have read about on this site squared away next week. Then I will start replacing and fixing stuff one piece at a time like J.C. That sounds like alot of PBR. Who knows, maybe I will drive to Columbia to check out your rigs!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks